So I've been thinking about getting a 7 string, as I play a handful of songs in both standard and B tuning anyways. I've heard Ibanez and Schector are pretty places to look around, but Agile seems to have some pretty nice guitars for great prices.

My only concern is that I've never actually seen an Agile at any local music shops around here, so it would seem that if I want one, I'll to order it online without getting a chance a play it first. I never purchased a guitar without sitting down and playing it for a little while, so I'm not really sure how I feel about that.

If anyone has any experience with Agile (particularly, the reaper pro 727 or ghost pro 727), and experience buying online in general, I would really appreciate your opinion on this. I haven't heard a whole lot about Agile, but I don't think I've ever heard anything bad about them. It's just that the thought of spending $700+ on something that I can't even look at - much less, try before I buy - is kind of uncomfortable.
Kurt is amazingly easy to deal with. If for some reason, you didn't like it, you can return it to him(30 day limit I think) with virtually no issues. You'd only have to pay the return shipping, and if it had a defect, you'd get a replacement at no cost to you.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
If you're going to buy a guitar online, just make sure you can send it back if you don't like it.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Most of my double-digit guitar collection has been purchased sight-unseen via telephone or internet. As long as the seller has a good return policy, you should be good.

I don't have any direct experience with Agile, but they seem to have a good rep around UG for delivering a decent guitar at reasonable prices. To me, the amount of goodwill they have around here is indicative of decent customer service and happy customers.

My sole concern is that what I've seen of Agile's rep has been built in the low to mid-range guitars- once you're over $700, there may be better options, like Carvin.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Mephaphil
I probably won't be doing it again.

Bad experience?

Supporting your locals?

Done buying guitars?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

It did...I didn't know it was an online deal, though.

Agile's reputation is pretty good. I've never played them, but I've seen them compared to an Epiphone level of quality. I've also heard good things about their customer service if you ever have any problems.

Personally I'd go for a Schecter SLS 7 if I could choose buying my seven string again. Especially since you're getting to about that price, around $700.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Jul 27, 2013,
Quote by Mephaphil
Yeaaaaa that was the whole spiel!

Don't let THOSE guys spoil it for you. Find out who your buddies think does good customer service and use those retailers.

If it were not for phones or the Internet, I wouldn't own any of the electrics I do.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 27, 2013,
Yea I had an iffy experience, it's not that bad really but should be perfect so I've emailed Fender.
Quote by dannyalcatraz

I don't have any direct experience with Agile, but they seem to have a good rep around UG for delivering a decent guitar at reasonable prices. To me, the amount of goodwill they have around here is indicative of decent customer service and happy customers.

My sole concern is that what I've seen of Agile's rep has been built in the low to mid-range guitars- once you're over $700, there may be better options, like Carvin.

Most of Agile's guitars WERE in the low to mid-range, until Kurt began hanging over at sevenstring.org and began building the guitars that they were looking for. The real revelation was, I believe, the proliferation of fan-fret (multiscale) guitars at reasonable prices. Those suckers have always been strictly custom built until Agile.

I've got three of the Agile AL (Les Paul type) series. No issues at all ordering and getting them over the intertoobs. The usual reaction upon opening the box has been, "Wait, HOW much did I pay for this thing?" And I mean that in a good way. I have no idea about the 7's, but I'd put the LP style guitars several notches above the Epiphones at the same price levels.
Personally, I would have to be hard pressed to buy online.

I just bought a guitar this very day, and tried about five (may have been four...don't remember actually playing one of them now), and walked out with the one that felt best in my hands...
Phil Andertons are just shit.

If its being bought blind guitarguitar are the guys to contact.

TS if you're in the states, go for it, otherwise be careful buying from Rondo international means you have no warranty or buyer protection.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I know the guys at Carvin are pretty cool when it comes to online/telephonic ordering of instruments. Except for returns of opt. 50 stuff. That shit don't roll with them.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Stupid answer, but it's all up to you.

I can say I ordered from Rondo and got an Agile LP copy and it was in perfect condition. I want to get the action lowered, but hadn't messed with it. I just got it to fool around with and I didn't want an epi copy.

I've ordered two guitars from sweetwater, I feel confident they do a good job inspecting before they send them out. No inntonation issues or anything like that.
I have bought a Martin, an Ibanez guitar and a Peavey amp online from one of the major on-line stores. The guitars, I've had no problem with, but the amp, I had less than two weeks and started getting some really bad distortion. I called customer service, they sent me a shipping label and I sent the amp back, no problem. They also let me exchange the Peavey for a Marshall for the same price. Right now, I trust them, if you don't like it, they will take it back within 45 days. Some stores may only give you 30 days.
All 3 of the guitars I have ordered online have been perfect when arriving. The Yamaha bass that I bought was a factory re-certified model and I was expecting that it would have some scratches or what not, but it was also perfect.