I have a Fender Esquire from 1958-61 (my grandpa thinks) I was wondering if anyone can tell me what year it is a little bit about it. I do know that a mint one can be pretty valuable but mine is scuffed up and altered but I have no interest in selling it as it is a family gem.

Anyways serial number is 79189

Will try to get pics up tomorow
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Last edited by UFC on VHS at Jul 28, 2013,
http://www.guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx

This is the page where you can put the serial number in. I ticked the American made box and it shows up as 1962. Very close with the 1958-61 guess.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
^ yeah

also record a video of you running it through the mt2 and post the results on tgp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sorry for the crappy iphone pics all I got. A little history it was originally a close to butterscotch color then my dad painted it. It also didnt have the neck pickup that was put in by my grampa. I have plans to take out that pickup and replace the pickguard to cover it possibly paint it again. Anyways this is what it looks like now.

With the original case (it's beat up\)

Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Last edited by UFC on VHS at Jul 28, 2013,
Quote by Mephaphil
Holy shit.

What do you want for it?

Sorry it will never be for sale.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Everything has a price. According to Music Radar the 63' goes for around £6k/$9k.

Do you play it? How is it?

Please do what Dave suggested, that would be so funny.
Last edited by Mephaphil at Jul 28, 2013,
Yes I have been playing it it needs a bit of work done there are some grounding issues and that but it hasn't been played in years so not bad.

It has a very full and strong tone to it. Plays very smooth and funny as it may be I did play it through my MT-2 and I have to say I was impressed with the sound I got with a single coil.

But no doubt about it this guitar sings like a beauty with clean tones.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
What that thing deserves is a Bassman or the RI, an old Twin, Plexi, AC30 etc.

Anything else is a crime!

She's a beauty.
awesome pics

Quote by Mephaphil

Please do what Dave suggested, that would be so funny.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
very nice - yep, it's a bit scuffed up and someone's added a neck pickup, but that's a sign that the guitar has been played and enjoyed by someone and you should continue to play it and enjoy it - it's a workhorse, not a museum piece, and that's the way it should be
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.