...why do the Australian Aborigines not have a pouch?

In b4 Christians 1 Atheist 0

I'm seriously wondering this. I asked my Biology teacher this during our evolution bit but he didn't have a solid answer for this.
Is 100% of the animal life in Australia marsupial?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Because the Aborigines aren't really from Australia, and in reality haven't been there that long on an evolutionary scale
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Is 100% of the animal life in Australia marsupial?

yes.

don't look it up, it's a fact.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
australia wasn't always 100% cut off from the rest of the world because of the oceans.

aboriginals came here just like most everything else, there's not nearly enough time to evolve a pouch

so they made a compromise, they cut off dead kangaroo scrotum and used it
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
inb4 liberal crocodile tears
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by awesomeo4000
what? this is seriously like asking if all native americans are actually eagles

But they are.

Don't look it up, it's a fact.
You asked your teacher why Australians don't have pouches?

You're one of those kids that makes the entire room sigh when your hand goes up every two minutes aren't you
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Philip_pepper
...why do the Australian Aborigines not have a pouch?

In b4 Christians 1 Atheist 0

I'm seriously wondering this. I asked my Biology teacher this during our evolution bit but he didn't have a solid answer for this.

Quote by willT08
Because the Aborigines aren't really from Australia, and in reality haven't been there that long on an evolutionary scale

Quote by Obsceneairwaves
australia wasn't always 100% cut off from the rest of the world because of the oceans.

aboriginals came here just like most everything else, there's not nearly enough time to evolve a pouch

Pit 1, Teacher 0

...Can't believe I just said that.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
You asked your teacher why Australians don't have pouches?

You're one of those kids that makes the entire room sigh when your hand goes up every two minutes aren't you

No, not the Australian prisoners. Australian natives.
Quote by willT08

Where are they from then? I'm genuinely curious. If they aren't from Australia how did they get there? And how long have they been there?
Quote by Philip_pepper
Where are they from then? I'm genuinely curious. If they aren't from Australia how did they get there? And how long have they been there?

Travelled from then-Sunda, to then-Sahul. Now Australia. Sea levels were much, much lower and the distances between land were much, much smaller.

You could always just Wiki it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_history_of_Australia#Original_inhabitants
Quote by Philip_pepper
No, not the Australian prisoners. Australian natives.

Do you know how evolution works? People aren't about to just grow a pouch because they saw some kangaroos and fancied their little belly pocket. We wouldn't even have a use for one, that's why we have hands. If at some point some poor guy had some crazy mutation of a little flap on his stomach, chicks would have probably just thought it weird and it wouldn't have gotten anywhere because it wouldn't have helped with survival.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Do you know how evolution works? People aren't about to just grow a pouch because they saw some kangaroos and fancied their little belly pocket. We wouldn't even have a use for one, that's why we have hands. If at some point some poor guy had some crazy mutation of a little flap on his stomach, chicks would have probably just thought it weird and it wouldn't have gotten anywhere because it wouldn't have helped with survival.

what are you talking about? chicks would dig a guy with a pouch. they'd never need a purse again.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
what are you talking about? chicks would dig a guy with a pouch. they'd never need a purse again.

My god you're right. My whole argument is flawed, why don't we have pouches!
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Of course I do man, I've played Pokemon.

Quote by willT08
Travelled from then-Sunda, to then-Sahul. Now Australia. Sea levels were much, much lower and the distances between land were much, much smaller.

You could always just Wiki it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_history_of_Australia#Original_inhabitants

Freakin' awesome dude. I can finally sleep at night.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Jul 27, 2013,
Quote by Philip_pepper
Of course I do man, I've played Pokemon.

tap the A button as fast as you can and you'll grow a pouch.
That^^ religion is pretty non existent here, it's good.

And they've only been here for like 40,000 years or some shit.
Last edited by mybanez at Jul 28, 2013,
Some nights, I just wonder why I come into the Pit. Thanks to TS, tonight is one of those nights.

Phillip, wtf happened, man? Your threads used to be good. Now, they're more akin to something a dumbass pot smoker would ask a dumbass drunk. Why, man? Why?!