I have an old acoustic guitar that is a wreck. But the neck is still in good shape. I was wondering if there was awayway to reuse it somehow?

Thanks
Quote by blindsagacity
Don't compromise what you want just because the other option is easier. That's how people get stuck with fat chicks.

Love it
_________
I believe so, but you would only want to do it if you LOVE that neck. It just wouldn't be cost effective otherwise (unless you, yourself, are a luthier). Buying a blank body and trying to set it on your own would be a bitch, and you could easily ruin a body trying to do that.

I think you'd be better off buying a new acoustic guitar, really.

Edit: Each body would be around $300 not including the labor of putting it together or the tools you need. So if you **** it up? oops. there goes $300. Taking it to a luthier with the parts already purchased would probably be quite a bit more expensive.
Last edited by mjones1992 at Jul 28, 2013,
It's possible to remove the neck from the body as well. But then I don't know what you would do with it. Maybe if It's a valuable guitar and the neck is a great one I understand you would keep it for a futur custom guitar project. You can remove it and try to sell it online, maybe someone needs that very specific neck? You can have fun and make a home made electric Diddley Bow guitar kind of thing...
I was wanting to build something like one of these. You know cut the neck pocket to come up higher on the body. Then glue the rest of the neck on the body. I don't know how to do any of this it would have to be a trail & error type of thing. But in theory I think it could work.

Quote by blindsagacity
Don't compromise what you want just because the other option is easier. That's how people get stuck with fat chicks.

Love it
_________
I forgot to add that it doesn't have to be setup and play perfectly. But I do at least want it to functional.
Quote by blindsagacity

Love it
_________
Nice idea, I think it would work. But you would have to be careful to get the scale length and neck angle correct to make it playable. Also, I don't know if your neck will have a truss rod, so you would have to be careful to keep the same string tension. Finally don't spend too much money as it will be difficult to get right first time.

Good luck