Page 1 of 2
I just finished watching a documentary about bullying and I think it's very sad when kids who are usually very very young (think 12 years old) get bullied to the point where they actually commit suicide. Why are some kids so cruel? There were literally kids who were like WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO ME IM GONNA SLIT YOUR THREAT YOU LITTLE SHIT.

Like shit, growing up I never knew kids who were so hostile and mean towards their peers. Anyway, have you ever been bullied, pit? What did you do about it? Are you currently being bullied? (for our younger members)
pinga
I never encountered anything truly nasty. I actually wasn't really bullied at all. There were just a few kids who really wanted to punch me.
Jeremy spoke in

class

AGAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNN
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Never was bullied, never was a bully either. I didn't go to school in a 90's Nickelodeon commercial.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I got called Toucan Sam because of my big nose a few times over the years, but that's my only involvement with bullying.

I really hate bullying though. If I had a kid and they came home from school crying about being bullied I don't know what I would do.
Call me insensitive, but people who kill themselves over being bullied were probably bound to end up killing themselves over something or other. Being can be traumatic, but lets face it-- life is traumatic. There're people who can handle it and people who can't. Some people/kids kill themselves over getting dumped by a girl. Does that mean we should form a coalition to end dumping people?

I was bullied, eventually blew up and gave some dude a black eye, then it ended. My friend growing up was also constantly bullied, but never did anything about it, instead he became an engineer and now he's rolling in the dough.

Not trying to be mean. Of course bullying is bad. But in the grande scheme of things, is it as bad as people sometimes try to make it out to be? Nah. Yes, yes, of course, there are extreme situations.
Listen. I'm sorry.
we've had this thread before.

but, yeah. kids are little ****s.

another reason i won't have kids or work at a school: it's highly likely i'd smack a kid for pulling some of the shit i hear about.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I don't really get this. Why would bullying make you kill yourself? I was bullied a bit when I was younger because I was fat, but I never had a thought of suicide. It didn't even bother me that much. It happens. Everyone is bullied at some point. It isn't a big deal.
and cue the dumbness.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
and cue the dumbness.

hey guy if you weren't such a pussy bitch you'd understand. im glad kids kill themselves cuz it's just naturla seltecito at work.
Sometimes i'm walking or in a public place or something and I see some kids with their grandparents or something. You can kindof tell which kids are probably going to end up being bullied and stuff in the future and it always bums me out. Like, I start thinking up a sad scenario in which this poor kid is going to be bullied and then I think of their grandma or their mom or dad or whoever they're with and think of how sad it is that their son/daughter/grandchild that they love so much is going to be vulnerable to name calling and probably physical and mental bullying and tears will probably be shed. And the kid will probably be emotionally hardened and become a sad and lonely nobody who lives a life depressed.

Kindof a similar note: I was at the movies a couple weeks ago watching Pacific Rim. I was sitting at the backish of the theater and while the previews were going on I noticed this grandmother kindof stumbling, carrying one of those carrying cases of drinks and some popcorn and as she was trying to hand her (I assume) grandchildren their drinks from the carrying case a couple of the drinks toppled over and I don't think they spilled that much but they were obviously in great danger of spilling. And the granny was struggling because of being old and stuff. She managed to get them to her grandchildren without dropping them but it was an obvious struggle and the whole time this was happening I was just watching from at least 10 rows behind, I was on the edge of my seat and I wanted so badly to pretend like I was going to the bathroom or something and get there and help her out.

And about halfway through the movie I did have to pee so I went to he bathroom and I saw in the little hallway as I was walking out of this particular movie there were some nachos spilled across the floor. My assumption is that it was the grannys and that bummed me the eff out even more.

I am a #pussy. I don't even know what it is that makes me so sad about these things. Like they are one of the few things in the world that I get legitimately sad at. My heart sinks because of these silly things. Ugh. Now I am super sad so I will probably watch a melancholy movie and eat ice cream.

So yeah, bullying (among other things) makes me legitimately sad and my heart drops to me toes when I witness it.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
man that post is really embarrassing. now i know how it feels to be slipknot5678
Quote by bradulator
man that post is really embarrassing. now i know how it feels to be slipknot5678

it's ok Brad. i feel ya.
the schools I went to were all pretty accepting of everyone. no one got bashed for anything really.

unless you were one of the chodes that went around picking fights with people all the time for no reason but that was like one guy and he always lost the fight.
Quote by bradulator
[post]

yeah that's how I am too. I could give two shits about dog fighting or animal testing but I really feel piercing sorrow for kids who are bullied or abused at home. I don't want to have or work with kids but I hope I can make a difference somehow someday.
Quote by bradulator
Sometimes i'm walking or in a public place or something and I see some kids with their grandparents or something. You can kindof tell which kids are probably going to end up being bullied and stuff in the future and it always bums me out. Like, I start thinking up a sad scenario in which this poor kid is going to be bullied and then I think of their grandma or their mom or dad or whoever they're with and think of how sad it is that their son/daughter/grandchild that they love so much is going to be vulnerable to name calling and probably physical and mental bullying and tears will probably be shed. And the kid will probably be emotionally hardened and become a sad and lonely nobody who lives a life depressed.

Kindof a similar note: I was at the movies a couple weeks ago watching Pacific Rim. I was sitting at the backish of the theater and while the previews were going on I noticed this grandmother kindof stumbling, carrying one of those carrying cases of drinks and some popcorn and as she was trying to hand her (I assume) grandchildren their drinks from the carrying case a couple of the drinks toppled over and I don't think they spilled that much but they were obviously in great danger of spilling. And the granny was struggling because of being old and stuff. She managed to get them to her grandchildren without dropping them but it was an obvious struggle and the whole time this was happening I was just watching from at least 10 rows behind, I was on the edge of my seat and I wanted so badly to pretend like I was going to the bathroom or something and get there and help her out.

And about halfway through the movie I did have to pee so I went to he bathroom and I saw in the little hallway as I was walking out of this particular movie there were some nachos spilled across the floor. My assumption is that it was the grannys and that bummed me the eff out even more.

I am a #pussy. I don't even know what it is that makes me so sad about these things. Like they are one of the few things in the world that I get legitimately sad at. My heart sinks because of these silly things. Ugh. Now I am super sad so I will probably watch a melancholy movie and eat ice cream.

So yeah, bullying (among other things) makes me legitimately sad and my heart drops to me toes when I witness it.

lyk dis if u cry everytiem
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Never been bullied in the typical sense.

The closest I've ever been bullied was within my circle of friends when we were younger, where we would always insult each other (in a friendly way), and I guess as a young kid it almost got to me, but I ended up talking it over with my friends and it toned down a bit.

I still talk to those same people a decade later, and we regularly insult each other even worse than before, but it's all good.
I was bullied a bit, I even had a guy stab my hand with a pencil. I was mostly a loner and had only a few friends, until they decided not to like me anymore. Now that I'm in college I'm surrounded by a lot of friends who truly like me for me and its pretty good.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by damian_91
lyk dis if u cry everytiem

Never been bullied or anything but I saw it happen a lot.

Prolly shoulda done more to help but I was a dumb teenager There were always crazy things going on back then.
I usually was the guy who got the bullies to back off. Sometimes, they just left after spewing a few lame insults, and other times they had to take a punch or two. Ironic how I was that guy though, since I'm only 5feet7inches and don't look any more buff than most...

I didn't play nice though. One guy used to go around and tap other guys in the balls all the time, usually hard enough that it'd hurt a bit. (We'll call him the asshole.) Since he used to do it to my friend all the time, I had enough finally. He tapped this one guy's balls, and the guy was like, "Go get [the asshole] back for me". Well, I basically put the full force of my arm behind smashing his balls. Of course, we all ended up in the principal's office (myself, the guy who wanted me to get the asshole back, and the asshole). It was a short chat. The basic conclusion was that it "got out of hand" (the principal knew exactly what I was doing and why I doing it, by the way) and that no one was to go around tapping anyone's balls. In hindsight, I'm pretty sure I went overboard, but at least that bullshit of tapping balls ended.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jul 28, 2013,
When I was in school, bullying was a common occurrence.

Other girls found me as a stress reliever because I was an easy target. They knew because of my height and build I was very self conscious. I was painfully shy and couldn't even make eye contact with people, so I would never tell anyone what they would do or say about me.

College was different. Everyone wanted to be my friend and that me very uncomfortable. I had no interest in the things they were doing that wasn't related to school, so I had no friends.
Last edited by AllJudasPriest at Jul 28, 2013,
Quote by vilk
Not trying to be mean. Of course bullying is bad. But in the grande scheme of things, is it as bad as people sometimes try to make it out to be? Nah. Yes, yes, of course, there are extreme situations.

If kids could see the grand scheme of things, bullying wouldn't happen and if it did, kids wouldn't kill themselves over it.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by vilk

Most kids aren't mature enough to see the grand scheme of things. Most high schoolers can barely even see beyond their senior year. Let's be realistic, man.
In Elementary school I think I was one of the bullies for a while. Then when I got to middle school I said screw it cause I prefer to play video games instead of football.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
I had experience on both sides in middle school because I was dumb and pathetic like that.

The bullying to me pretty much stopped in 5th grade, and no one outside of the bus where it happened knew about it. So since no one really knew me I figured I could still get in with the cool kids I guess. Well those kids and I like really ****ed up this kid's life for all of middle school. I left him alone before most and didn't do nearly as much as most of the others (probably just because of fear) but I still feel awful about it. I've apologized even though I still can't stand him.

Thank god I didn't have any serious problems either way in elementary school, I might have never recovered.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I was bullied to the point that I developed serious issues that I still have to work on. Would I change it? Probably not, made me who I am.
I wasn't bullied or a bully, but I knew who the bullies were and steered clear (with ease).
But there was this one time...in gym class. During a volleyball game I was across the net from a real douchebag. During a play ( or wtf it is) I spiked the ball, point blank, into said douchbag's face. It wasn't intentional, it was just how things worked out(haha).
Everyone was laughing, including the gym teacher.
Well...everyone but Todd.

Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Jul 28, 2013,
I used to make fun of others with my friends when I was a kid. Never been violent though. Now that I think back about it, I realize how much of an asshole I was and kinda regret it.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
I took the brunt of a bully or two for a while.

Until I finally decided I was done and just went apeshit on everyone. I ended up beating the shit out of a lot of people and was never bothered again.

And now I'm known as a freak, violent and a junkie.

Fun, right?
ayy lmao
Last edited by chookiecookie at Jul 28, 2013,
Quote by chookiecookie
I took the brunt of a bully or two for a while.

Until I finally decided I was done and just went apeshit on everyone. I ended up beating the shit out of a lot of people and was never bothered again.

Watching people getting bullied and beating the shit out of their bully is one of the most satisfying thing to watch on youtube.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Quote by shelovemyguitar
Watching people getting bullied and beating the shit out of their bully is one of the most satisfying thing to watch on youtube.

Man, I just need to throw this out now to assert my dominance here.

This guy had grabbed me at the schoolyard, and being the ninja I am (i've always been pretty quick and never really an impact fighter) I just grabbed his arm and twisted it until he went down.

Several minutes later I had two other people come up and grab me and let this guy beat me for a while. Then they let go and I destroyed the kid and turned on the other two. Had a friend step in at that point and it was pretty easy because bitches was outmatched
ayy lmao
I was bullied a bunch over my weight when I was younger. When I finally had enough around age 14, I started walking 6-8 miles a day and eating healthy until I was skinny (took about a year and a half). As far as how I dealt with it, I'd lash back at them with insults about things I thought they might be insecure about. It probably didn't help either of our self-esteems, but oh well. I lost a lot of weight.

I ended up moving when I was a Sophomore, though, so it all stopped then because I got to 'reinvent' myself somewhat when I did.
Last edited by mjones1992 at Jul 28, 2013,
I was bullied from kindergarten to the beginning of high school about various things. I was in 4 diff schools during that period so it wasn't even the same kids doing it, I was probably just easy to pick on since I was quiet and nerdy. Some people are just mean like that when they're kids. I'm pretty good friends with this guy who bullied me and his twin brother now. He apologized to me on MSN a few years ago.

I work part-time at a school and I try to prevent bullying if I see signs of it. Even if it isn't physical or verbal in class you can sense that something is going to happen at recess if the kids involved aren't separated. Ex: eye-rolling, smirking, ignoring, etc all done by and/or at the same child. Even preschoolers do it
cat
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I usually was the guy who got the bullies to back off. Sometimes, they just left after spewing a few lame insults, and other times they had to take a punch or two. Ironic how I was that guy though, since I'm only 5feet7inches and don't look any more buff than most...

I didn't play nice though. One guy used to go around and tap other guys in the balls all the time, usually hard enough that it'd hurt a bit. (We'll call him the asshole.) Since he used to do it to my friend all the time, I had enough finally. He tapped this one guy's balls, and the guy was like, "Go get [the asshole] back for me". Well, I basically put the full force of my arm behind smashing his balls. Of course, we all ended up in the principal's office (myself, the guy who wanted me to get the asshole back, and the asshole). It was a short chat. The basic conclusion was that it "got out of hand" (the principal knew exactly what I was doing and why I doing it, by the way) and that no one was to go around tapping anyone's balls. In hindsight, I'm pretty sure I went overboard, but at least that bullshit of tapping balls ended.

this guy was bullied to the point of tears as a kid 20 bucks says
Quote by Thrashtastic15
this guy was bullied to the point of tears as a kid 20 bucks says

I bet twenty against. How do you think he got the name crazysam?

Edit: Fun fact, Pearl Jam tried to write a song about him once, but they had to tone it down because it was too extreme and unbelievable. The result was Jeremy.
Quote by zackk
I don't really get this. Why would bullying make you kill yourself? I was bullied a bit when I was younger because I was fat, but I never had a thought of suicide. It didn't even bother me that much. It happens. Everyone is bullied at some point. It isn't a big deal.

Well obviously you don't have a mental illness. People generally don't kill themselves if there's not a deep underlying mental problem.
Page 1 of 2