Hey y'all. I decided to do another vocal cover. My previous ones have been all been of a bit of a cleaner style singing. This one's a bit more aggressive. i thought I'd try my hand (or rather voice) at a song with some gritty singing and even some screams/growls/whatever.
Buried Alive seemed to have a good mix of what I enjoy doing and some new stuff that I haven't really attempted too much.

So keep in mind that I'm a pretty big noob when it comes to screaming/growling.

The cover is uploaded in my profile!

C4C!
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Growls were a little weak, and the screaming could use a tinsy bit of work, but you already addressed that.

That being said, great job! On key pretty much the whole time, and you have a decent amount of grit going on for it. Keep up the good work.
Holy fack, that was really good haha. You had a good amount of grit and power. Obviously one of the better Avenged vocal covers I've heard. The only critique I have is probably towards the end could of had a little more power to it ("Take you down now, burn it all out" part), but it still wasn't bad. Geat voice man, sounded awesome.

I know this is a vocal cover, but would you mind checking out my guitar cover of Afterlife and letting me know what ya think? It's a full cover with the solo my own twists.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1610789
Last edited by Hardlycore at Jul 28, 2013,
^ Yeah. I tried making that a little more powerful and grittier towards the end, but I had a hard time keeping pitch while doing that. I'm working on getting a good mix of grit and cleanness in my normal singing.

the growling portion is definitely the thing I need most work on. The only part of that song that I did that I'm really happy with growling wise is the "Inferno awaits" part. The rest of them are pretty mehsauce to me. I just don't want to destroy my voice by practicing it too much.

Thanks for the feedback, both of you!
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Nice work! I'm not a big fan of Avenged but I liked your performance and to be honest I couldn't told it was a cover some times during the clean part. But like it has been already said, I know you know the growls were not perfect. Great work man! Very impressing!