Right now I use a rockerverb 50 which i do love but lately it seems to fit less and less w the style of music we play. blurish guitar w/ indie/alt vocals. I use a telecaster w single coils. Could I just need a humbucker guitar? OUr rhythm guitarist uses a vox ac30 which seems to fit more to our style. Should I use the same amp as him or is there another similar british style amp to that with a tad more warmish fuller sound?

Also what does a record label do that I cant?
How do you make/know what kind of guitar tone will fit the mix more? or do you just find a guitar tone you like and eq it to fit w it?
How do ya'll get along with making logos and artwork for your band?
And are t shirts good live merch? I've been thinking about just sticking to eps.

ALSO IF A KNOB OFF MY AMP FELL OFF IS THERE ANYWHERE I CAN GET A REPLACEMENT? IT'S A ORANGE ROCKERVERB 50 TONE KNOBS.
Last edited by hahaha15 at Jul 28, 2013,
The rockerverb is a very tight and stiff sounding amp, the ac30 is a much more loose and saggy style of amp.

If you like the orange sound but want something a bit more loose, try out an OR50. The AC30 would also work obviously, but you may want some variation between the two tones. Another option would be something like the Jet City JCA50, but that lacks a proper clean channel, don't know if that's important to you.

As for your other questions
Quote by hahaha15
1) Also what does a record label do that I cant?
2) How do you make/know what kind of guitar tone will fit the mix more? or do you just find a guitar tone you like and eq it to fit w it?
3) How do ya'll get along with making logos and artwork for your band?
4) And are t shirts good live merch? I've been thinking about just sticking to eps.

1) Advertising, market presence, contacts in the business, and most importantly, money, decent recording isn't cheap. But in terms of recordings there are abundant small studios out there who offer the same recording quality you would get with a label. Self recording is obviously possible but you likely won't get as good results as a studio without a fair amount of training and practice. It also has a large start up cost for decent equipment.

2) For recording, find the tone you like and then have it mixed properly, live you will probably need to tweak your amps eq more. Once again a studio will likely provide better results than this.

3) Find someone good with graphics design, plenty of small design companies out there with good pricing. You can do it yourself too, but you're in for a steep learning curve if you've never done graphics before.

4) T-Shirts are great if you have great graphics to go on them and are known enough in the area you are playing for people to want to show you off.
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by GABarrie
The rockerverb is a very tight and stiff sounding amp, the ac30 is a much more loose and saggy style of amp.

If you like the orange sound but want something a bit more loose, try out an OR50. The AC30 would also work obviously, but you may want some variation between the two tones. Another option would be something like the Jet City JCA50, but that lacks a proper clean channel, don't know if that's important to you.

As for your other questions
1) Advertising, market presence, contacts in the business, and most importantly, money, decent recording isn't cheap. But in terms of recordings there are abundant small studios out there who offer the same recording quality you would get with a label. Self recording is obviously possible but you likely won't get as good results as a studio without a fair amount of training and practice. It also has a large start up cost for decent equipment.

2) For recording, find the tone you like and then have it mixed properly, live you will probably need to tweak your amps eq more. Once again a studio will likely provide better results than this.

3) Find someone good with graphics design, plenty of small design companies out there with good pricing. You can do it yourself too, but you're in for a steep learning curve if you've never done graphics before.

4) T-Shirts are great if you have great graphics to go on them and are known enough in the area you are playing for people to want to show you off.

Thank you! I like the OR50, but I forgot to mention earlier sorry. I would PREFER something around 30ish watts rather than being as loud as 50. And either an amp with an effects loop or the distortion needs to come from the pedals so I can still use my delay! Probably would prefer the 2nd option

So would a fender work maybe?
Quote by darkwolf291
If you want, I can give you the name of a good graphics guy.
He's pretty cheap, and does great work.

That would be awesome!
For a warmer sound try turning up the bass and turning down the treble on your clean channel/sound. Humbuckers (particularly in the neck position) are much better for a warmer sound as well.