I was playing my amp (That i brought not long ago) and It just stopped working, its not the lead, and Its not my guitar, i've tried them In other amps and they work fine.
Please help me It is a wicked amp that i don't wanna loose!
-Let the led out-
More details.

What amp? What's not working? Did you buy it new? How long ago?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Okay its a marshall DFX 100, and (this is where your going to say the seller was a duda) I got it second hand about a month ago. But he seemed sure it was all good, gave me a run though, he wasn't asian, didn't seem dodgy at all, He said he was selling it cause he was sick and needed to pay for his sickness.
It just doesn't work, no sound will come out of it. I twist the volumes and no sound will come out.
-Let the led out-
Quote by Led Zep fan
Okay its a marshall DFX 100, and (this is where your going to say the seller was a duda) I got it second hand about a month ago. But he seemed sure it was all good, gave me a run though, he wasn't asian, didn't seem dodgy at all, He said he was selling it cause he was sick and needed to pay for his sickness.
It just doesn't work, no sound will come out of it. I twist the volumes and no sound will come out.

Umm.....

Take it to a tech. Something is probably busted with it. Though it's probably not worth fixing.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
In that case, maybe he didn't properly calibrate the nunchucks.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
i am pretty curious as to how his ethnicity could be considered as a factor in determining whether you got shafted on the deal or not. Care to elaborate?
Anyway, i wouldn't worry about fixing it. Save the money to put towards something better.
Quote by T7E
i am pretty curious as to how his ethnicity could be considered as a factor in determining whether you got shafted on the deal or not. Care to elaborate?
Anyway, i wouldn't worry about fixing it. Save the money to put towards something better.

I agree Asians are great with electronics cause of their tiny little hands. Look how hard it is to work on Japanese cars, cause they were made for tiny little hands to work on.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jul 28, 2013,
You know how you mentioned in several necro threads how bumping can get you banned? So can racism. Not cool.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
You know how you mentioned in several necro threads how bumping can get you banned? So can racism. Not cool.

If this is twards me, I was joking nothing more. Besides I see nothing remotely related twards racism in my post
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The only real racism I see is what Eppicurt highlighted.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Open it up and see if anything melted. It might be the bridge rectifier. If it is, it's just a matter of putting in new diodes if the tracks survived.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by Robbgnarly
If this is twards me, I was joking nothing more. Besides I see nothing remotely related twards racism in my post

Sorry main, I was pretty tired when I write that and didn't think what I was saying through. Yours was more of a stereotype. Didn't mean to cause any offence but what Eppicurt highlighted was racist. Sorry.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Sorry main, I was pretty tired when I write that and didn't think what I was saying through. Yours was more of a stereotype. Didn't mean to cause any offence but what Eppicurt highlighted was racist. Sorry.

Its cool, I was just scratching my head wondering how I was being racist. Yes stereotyping would be what I was doing
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Unlike suggested above, do not open it. You're 15 and unless you are very electronics savvy you could possibly stuff it further than it already is or could injur yourself.

Take it to a tech
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Damn, he wasn't even asian? The amp must be clean then. Maybe it's your guitar.

Try submerging your guitar in water for about 10 seconds. Make sure the pickups get soaked: it'll help regulate the electricity.

He didn't sell it to because he was sick. He sold it to you because the DFX100 is a load of crap.

By the way, I don't know where the "Asians have small hands" stereotype came from. The only Asians I know with small hands are the ones who are small in general (less than like 25%).
Last edited by RStrat at Jul 28, 2013,
Quote by Phoenix V
Unlike suggested above, do not open it. You're 15 and unless you are very electronics savvy you could possibly stuff it further than it already is or could injur yourself.

Take it to a tech

haha yeah thanks I've already injured my self lately so I'm not willing to take any more riskes.... If he meant just taking the back off I could probably do that, Seems simple enough Other wise would I just take it to a music shop to see what they can do? Or actually call in the technician?
-Let the led out-
Quote by Led Zep fan
technician or music shop??

I have bought stuff off of techs but i do all of my own work. independent techs are probably cheaper, but most shops would have a tech or make a referral to somebody.

Honestly though you are better off just getting a new amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Tech. A music shop will just hand it to a tech anyway.

But a 100DFX is a low end solid state amp, so be careful. Solid state amps can be harder to fault find than tube amps and if the repair is fiddly the tech labour cost can get out of control.

So....just pay a small amount for a tech to investigate, discover the problem and tell you the expected cost before they go further. If youre happy with the quote then go ahead witb it. If the cost looks like its taken a hike, stop work on it, give it a funeral and use the money you would have spent on the repair towards a new amp!
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Quote by Phoenix V
Tech. A music shop will just hand it to a tech anyway.

But a 100DFX is a low end solid state amp, so be careful. Solid state amps can be harder to fault find than tube amps and if the repair is fiddly the tech labour cost can get out of control.

So....just pay a small amount for a tech to investigate, discover the problem and tell you the expected cost before they go further. If youre happy with the quote then go ahead witb it. If the cost looks like its taken a hike, stop work on it, give it a funeral and use the money you would have spent on the repair towards a new amp!

+1

Problem with cheap solid state amps is that they're cheaper to buy than they are to fix.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Open it up and see if anything melted. It might be the bridge rectifier. If it is, it's just a matter of putting in new diodes if the tracks survived.

As I said, this, or the power amp chip.
Each only cost about $5 each.

But take it to a tech if you have never worked on an amp before.
Quote by Led Zep fan
technician or music shop??

you should send it to Min.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
At least check the fuse first. I know it's obvious, but sometimes we miss the obvious.
Broken Marshall MG HDFX 100???

It's probably never going to sound better than it does right now...
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by sethasaurus
At least check the fuse first. I know it's obvious, but sometimes we miss the obvious.

What do you mean?
-Let the led out-
Quote by Led Zep fan
What do you mean?

Wait, what?!
Stop trying to figure that out and just check the fuse.
jeeez