I have a set of Hot Golds w/ Hot Bridge on my strat and would like to further expand my range of tones.
What I intend do is instead of just the standard push pull mod that turns on the bridge PU to get all three PUs on or the neck and bridge, I would like to wire it so that I get the standard 5 settings, and then also bridge and neck in either parallel or series and also all three PUs on, and (if possible?) add positions 2 and 4 to also have the series option for the neck/mid and mid/bridge. This should give me 10 PU combos on the same guitar. Is there anywhere I can find the wiring diagram for this? Also what other parts would I need to buy besides a 5 way superswitch and push pull?

Ive been searching for diagrams online but could not find any for this particular mod. Also my tech told me I should find the diagrams that shows the wiring for Lace Sensor pickups since the color of the wires would match, but is that really necessary?
Last edited by cr0wnest at Jul 28, 2013,
BUMP

No one really? For those who don't understand, basically I wanna get the standard 5 way switching, and on top of that, able to have neck + bridge in series, all 3 pickups on, neck + mid in series, and mid + bridge in series.
This isn't something you'll find an existing diagram for, or at least it would be very unlikely. Luckily, all you need is a basic understanding of each addition to be able to diagram it. So all you really need is a standard strat style diagram, and then a diagram for series/parallel (google "series parallel strat switch") and one for all three pickups on. From there, you'll need to draw out the diagram yourself using the individual pieces you want.

The basics are well documented, you'll have to make your own diagram for your specific wiring. I very much doubt anyone has this diagram sitting around, or would be willing to do it for you. It's something you do yourself with a bit of time and understanding.

And if your tech can't figure out how to follow a diagram and transpose three colors, maybe you should go to a different tech. If he's particularly whiny you could just change the colors yourself.
Good luck. Don't be afraid to post your diagrams here, there are plenty of people who can double check your work.
The S1 is a 4PDT On/On switch housed in a pot. Here's what the S1 wiring looks like:

And here's a regular 4PDT switch:

You can probably see why it's called a Four Pole Double Throw, which is what 4PDT is short for. The poles are the number of circuits the switch connects, and the throws are the number of contacts that can be open. So a 4PDT has four inputs that the switch connects to one of two different outputs each. You can probably also see that you need the On/On switch, though you could use one of the others if you wanted another switch position that only activated 2 of the 4 switches.

So, in order to just use a regular switch, you'd just transcribe the S1 switch numbers into columns on the 4PDT switch. Column 1 would be 1,2,3; column 2 would be 4,5,6, and so on. You can see that the middle row of poles on the switch ends up corresponding to 2,5,8, and 11 on the S1 switch which are of course the inputs, and your two rows of outputs end up on either side of the input row. So when you flip the switch it just creates that circuit by connecting the middle poles to their poles on the outside.

You're probably not going to find a push/pull pot that has a 4PDT switch on it, that's a niche the S1 was designed for and I don't think anyone else has bothered to make one. You can buy S1 switches but they're awfully expensive. If you just want a toggle switch, Radio Shack or Mouser or any electronics supply will have a whole bunch of 4PDT on/on switches to choose from.
Thanks man, that says very informative. I should be able to slowly figure out the wiring, while acquiring the parts isn't an issue. I'll be sure to come back if I need anymore help.
My tech said my lace sensors only have 3 wires (one hot, 2 ground) while the Strat-X diagram shows for pickups with 2 wires. So there's no guarantee it'll work even if I wire it up.
So is this method of wiring even possible with my pickups?
Is your tech new? This is fairly basic stuff for someone who replaces pickups professionally. You just ground the two wires instead of the one it shows on the diagram. There's no other difference. I'm fairly certain it says as much on the instructions you get with the pickups.
He's been doing this stuff for years and he's very popular around here. The only thing he doesn't do is luthier work, like refretting and crowning.

I also figured that wiring both ground wires to the same ground would work the same..