You're too new to post links. Try posting some other stuff without links first.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I'm not going commando and carving my own body, I want to work off this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/musical-instruments/dp/B0084BYWP6
I know it's not amazing quality, but I want to replace some parts and it is my own build.
I want to put in either Seymour Duncans, or EMG's, and use this
(Just cos it looks cool lol)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-SKULL-PARTS-package-for-bc-rich-warlock-guitar-knobs-pickup-rings-pickguard-/380686880564?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item58a2b4cf34

I'll post more in a minute, but I want to know:
What parts in the kit are most important to replace?

I can't find any reviews or anything of the kit, so I don't know what to expect.

I already have an Epiphone LP Plustop Pro, and I'd like to build a guitar to rival it. I'm into playing metal, hence the pickups, but it's silly to think a genre would affect the build too much.

How much would it be aswell to get a decent tremelo bridge?
Well if the body and neck are made of crap wood, you may as well replace everything.

Have you considered sourcing the parts individually? If you're planning to throw most of it out any way, you'd also be able to get some nicer wood.

Remember, 150 quid of guitar is still only 150 quid of guitar, assembled or not.
Last edited by johnnykbop at Jul 29, 2013,
Quote by johnnykbop
Well if the body and neck are made of crap wood, you may as well replace everything.

Have you considered sourcing the parts individually? If you're planning to throw most of it out any way, you'd also be able to get some nicer wood.

Remember, 150 quid of guitar is still only 150 quid of guitar, assembled or not.

I've never done this before, so I'm not sure I'd know where to begin sourcing the parts seperately, and it could end up more expensive. It's always a possibility, but it seems like unnecessary extra work for a first project.
Have you considered the fact that you plan to put pickups into this guitar that are as much as the entire kit build? I'd bet it needs a hell of a fret job or even a refret which could cost as much as the whole kit in itself as well.

If you really want to build your own guitar, you gotta spend a bit of money I think.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.