Hello. i play guitar allot on my PC and headphones. is it worth to buy studio monitors and play or should i buy a small badroom amp? if yes, how strong should the speakers be?
Quote by kitarmen
Hello. i play guitar allot on my PC and headphones. is it worth to buy studio monitors and play or should i buy a small badroom amp?

a small practice amp is more portable, and some even offer extensive modeling (peavey, line 6, vox, fender, etc). these amps can also be bought for less than studio monitors.

studio monitors will have a more flat response and can be used for more than just playing back guitar. studio monitors will probably sound better.

that should be the benefit analysis. if i was a bedroom player and didn't need to transport gear around then i'd go for studio monitors.

Quote by kitarmen
if yes, how strong should the speakers be?

it shouldn't matter too much. even the cheapest stuff seems to be around 50 watts, which should be plenty for bedroom playing. since monitors use speakers with a much lower sensitivity it is easier to play at lower volumes and still sound pretty big, so all you really need to consider is how loud you want to play (like do you need to play loud enough to play with the stereo?)
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae