heya.

i'm trying to get the queens of the stone age sound, particularly off of songs for the deaf (album). [stoner rock plz]

gear right now:
THINGS

i'm looking for a good compressor and parametric eq that'll help me get the sound i want.

0h, and don't say i need a new amp, because i'm going to be using sims exclusively. i know i could play with para eq on the amp sim but i'd rather have something analog to play with.

ideas?
sigless
Last edited by sysD at Aug 1, 2013,
why not just buy a channel strip? it sounds like that is what you want anyway, a channel strip usually consists of a preamp, a compressor and a parametric EQ (usually 3 band with adjustable Q, sometimes 4 or 5 band with HP and/or LP filters).

presonus, art and dbx all put out affordable channel strips, you can also scanned you local used market and pick up something cool for fairly cheap. i got my presonus eureka for like 200 or 250 on ebay.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I can't say how accurate this is (it is wiki, after all) but it's an interesting read if you haven;t already looked at it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Homme#Queens_of_the_Stone_Age-era_gear

Also the proguitarshop demo (youtube) of the big muff that you have gets a good tone for QOTSA (more Lullabies, than SFTD but a good reference anyway)

I know this isn't exactly what you were asking for but it has helped me in the past
Last edited by USCENDONE BENE at Jul 28, 2013,