Is it possible? Because I'm planning on making one as a unique piece.
Last edited by Espace39 at Jul 30, 2013,
I would agree with Tim...Are you trying to make a homemade acoustic-electric? If so I'll get shit for it but definitely check the Fender Hellcat, Tim Armstrong's Sig Acoustic is cheap and pretty cool sounding.
Quote by Espace39
Is it possible? Because I'm planning on making one as my signature guitar.
Quote by tim_mop
Why on earth would you want EMGs on an acoustic?
I think the overarching question would be, "why do you think you deserve a signature guitar"?
Quote by 1500 meanstreak
Not 100% sure, but I think that's an EMG on the guitar Zakk is playing. I'm pretty sure he has an endorsement deal with them.

There are several sound hole pickups available from Dean Markley, Seymour Duncan, and others, in both single coil and humbuckers .

They will yield a more electric sound than will your typical piezo strip in most store bought Acoustic Electrics. The majority of players are looking for a more faithful acoustic rendering through the PA

But, if that's the type of sound TS wants, go for it, there's no rule against it.

I'm told EMG pickups are as good as any brand on the market, so why not?
[quote="But, if that's the type of sound TS wants, go for it, there's no rule against it.

I'm told EMG pickups are as good as any brand on the market, so why not?[/QUOTE"]

umm...because it's stupid. plus the fact that his head is too large already( a signature guitar? really?)....actually...yeah, yeah, go ahead and do it ! that'll kill both problems !
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Quote by stepchildusmc
umm...because it's stupid. plus the fact that his head is too large already( a signature guitar? really?)....actually...yeah, yeah, go ahead and do it ! that'll kill both problems !

Dude chill out. Who cares what he does with his guitars? They are his to toy with so let it be. Anyways I think what he might mean is his main player for gigs etc. that can be a sort of recognizable sound and style to people who see him play often. What's wrong with that? Let the dude dream big and stop being a killjoy.
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
Quote by stepchildusmc
umm...because it's stupid. plus the fact that his head is too large already( a signature guitar? really?
I pointed that out in post #3.

I dialed it down a notch in my second post. I didn't feel like listening to a teenage wahoo telling me I have a bad attitude.

If anybody deserves a signature guitar, it's me!

Now see how silly I sound when I say something like that?
yeah yeah, i like the dumb ones, they make me feel good about being me. and for the record, you do have a bad attitude..it's not an attitude problem, you know it and accept it. ( see how the smiley face makes it all better?)
our esteemed OP may have meant something altogether different but as i can only read what his text says and not the context in which it was written. and from that, i made a direct comment directly in line with his direct question. <<< smiley face...that means you can't get mad at me !
I think you're all blowing this "signature guitar" comment out of proportion. It's entirely possible that the OP is referring to a 'main guitar' that identifies him in a sense, possibly on the local scene. For one to have a 'signature', it isn't necessary for him/her to be hugely famous.
that's what the 2nd paragraph was about Drache
...oops...forgot the
Quote by stepchildusmc
that's what the 2nd paragraph was about Drache
...oops...forgot the

Ah. I missed that one.
anything's possible, but EMG pickups are designed for solid body electrics. chances are that they will sound pretty poor on an acoustic.

psyguitarist, i really like the hellcat, actually. the solid mahogany top and maple neck make this thing sound good, and the slightly smaller body makes it comfortable.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Well, there is this:

I'm guessing that this is the same as the one in the picture posted above: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/emg-acs-acoustic-active-soundhole-pickup-system It is active, with the preamp built right onto the bottom of the pickup.

Musician's Friend also lists two under saddle assemblies by EMG as well.

These are reasonably priced in comparison to similar Fishman and Shadow units.

I have an active humbucker on one of my hybrid 12 strings, (semi-hollow but I string with bronze), the piezo is much more transparent while the humbucker is more nasal. It depends on my mood as to which one I use. (The guitar is stereo too. I bought an extra amp, but I'm too lazy to hook the system up. I'll get around to it one of these days I suppose).

OTOH, I suppose you could epoxy a couple of real EMG humbuckers to the sound board, then pick up your iPhone and instruct Siri to call you "rock god".
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 29, 2013,
Quote by Captaincranky
I think the overarching question would be, "why do you think you deserve a signature guitar"?

Unique is a better word to use.
i like unique better...stupid kid joke...how do you catch a unique rabbit?...unique up on it, how do you catch a tame rabbit?...tame way!
as i stand corrected on the EMG's on an acoustic... i admit my first thought was EMG's as i know them..straight out of a Les paul Prophecy or jackson soloist. i retract my "stupid" statement(unless you really were thinking of taking 'em out of your ESP, in that case i reserve the right to upgrade you to "complete and utter moron" status at the time of my choosing).
If any of you are wondering why, it's because I'm playing a show at around Christmas time and I want to surprise my audience.
a solo show? will you be singing also? and i beg you to answer the question ...which EMG's are you referring to? what's the surprise? i personally think that if your doing a solo show and singing, if your guitar "isn't up to par", just mic-ing might be a better option. i generally buy all my guitars with built in electronics although i don't often plug them in. nobody's gonna amp up your guitar better than the factory and a lot of 'em have built in tuners which are handy as hell.
oddly, my Taylors lack tuners but that's for another(snobbish , i think) reason.
As a general rule of thumb, it's an awful idea to try to do a solo show with an electric guitar. So, if you put EMB electric pickups on your acoustic, what you'll have in effect, is an electric guitar.

With that in mind, you'd probably be better off moving the show up to Halloween, a much more suitable day for that sort of thing.

My impression is you're letting your imagination get the best of you. Then there's a "legend in your own mind" component in the equation as well.

But who knows, you just might prove me wrong.

The only way that would happen though, is if the audience doesn't know any better either. And they say two wrongs can't make a right.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 30, 2013,