So, after 5 years of playing, I'm finally buying my first high end guitar. After a long search, looking for something that fits my budget, I have to decide between these two. I played the seafoam green premium JEM and the neck just felt amazing. The JEM7V neck is the same, so I know I will like it. I have not played the carvin, but it sounds and looks amazing, plus it's a neck through. So, what do you guys think? The Carvin also has an alder body, with a flamed maple neck. I prefer a thinner neck, because my hands aren't that big. Thanks for your help.

BTW I live in Mexico, I would order the JEM online, the total price being around 2900 dls and the Carvin being around the same price. The JP Music Man is way overpriced here (around 4000+ dls), and most ebay sellers do not ship new ones to Mexico.
Last edited by Maestoso93 at Jul 28, 2013,
I'd say Carvin. Then again, don't take my word for everything, 'cause I'm a Cavin enthusiast/fanatic and have not had any experience with JEM7Vs.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Did you consider getting the premium jem?

Just curious. I have the seafoam green one and I love it. can't beat the price either.

Carvin is on my wish list, but I already have a ton of guitars, so I'm not in a rush, but I'd eventually like to get either a Carvin or a Vigier.