Hi guys, got one question (don't know if it's the right area)... I've been playing electric guitar for like ten years now, and I don't remember ever feeling pain on my fingers, not even when starting. I've always used small strings, .09, haven't changed them, haven't changed guitar, haven't changed anything. But, it's like two weeks my index and middle fingers hurt, just a little, when playing, nothing unbearable though.

Then, when I try to bend, I can't bend with the usual strength, and do vibrato just like I used to do, it's just painful on my fingertips. I can still play but it hurts. Nothing muscle related, no worrying things, just pain on the skin, like what happens to people when they start up learning the instrument. Just feels like the string is cutting my finger. I thought it would pass but it's still here, not worsening but not getting better either.

It's strange... have you got any suggestions?
If you've been playing ten years straight then you probably just need to give a few days for your fingers callouses to wear away a little and let the hard skin grow underneath. I find this helps after playing guitar for long periods of time.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Could be caused by something you do outside of playing, like work, chores, sports, perhaps even arthritis or some other condition like that, but that last one may be a bit extreme.

I found that my fingers never bothered me until I started working in a factory, now if I play too long or stretch too far they bother me a bit just because of the amount of abuse my hands take at work.

Maybe try a new set of strings as well.

Consider all the variables.
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
You did have that pain when starting, you've just forgot.

It's normal, if I've been doing bends and stuff a lot my finger tips will hurt. Repetitive actions with force will result in pain.

You might be using too much force. Try relaxing and loosening up. If it hurts you need to rest it.
Quote by Lavatain
If you've been playing ten years straight then you probably just need to give a few days for your fingers callouses to wear away a little and let the hard skin grow underneath. I find this helps after playing guitar for long periods of time.

but seriously though, if it's only happening now and didn't happen before, it might be worth getting it checked out.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?