hi guys, i need some advice.

after a domestic my wife smashed up my guitar so now i am looking for a new one.

my dead guitar is a yamaha pacifica as i heard it was a good starter guitar. i have been playing for two years now and love playing solo's and shredding (or trying to shred)

i am now thinking about buying an ibanez as they have good action for solo's etc. i dont want to go all out and spend loads, i would say up to £400 as i will buy an expensive guitar when i am really good lol

my choices so far are
GRG250DX or the RG350DXZ maybe even the rg2331m ( but dont think i like the look of that or trust it because its new)

do you guys have any ideas or advice for me. i would appreciate it.
if you're willing to go used, get a prestige

if you're not, that's your prerogative, but again i'd strongly advise trying to get up to a prestige (sometimes you can get deals on them for not *that* much more than your budget, though the usual going rate if you don't get a deal is a fair bit more).

if you can't get up to prestige i'd look at a hardtail model. or one of the s series if you must have a tremolo.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
why is the tremolo rubbish on these guitars. what guitars would you reccomend without the tremolo
yeah the cheaper ibanez trems tend to not be great. from what i hear the edge zero II isn't as bad as some of the older cheaper ibanez trems, but I'm guessing it's not amazing either.

the zr tremolo on the s series is pretty good- not identical to a floyd, though, so that's worth bearing in mind.

looking at the current ibanez models there's only really teh 331M or rgr321ex which seems to have no trem. I haven't tried them, though or the rga32 or 42 (again, haven't tried them).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The tremolos are fine as long as you don't ever plan to use them :P

That said I have the older model white RG350 that I got for a very good price used and I like it a lot for high-gain stuff. Bear in mind though that that's all the PUs are good for. I'm actually in the market for a second guitar now to be able to get reasonable cleans.
lol why are the tremolos so rubbish ? lol even my yamaha pacifica had a decent one. i think

do you guys have any ideas of guitars good for solo's but with a good tremolo
Quote by GWADanny
lol why are the tremolos so rubbish ? lol even my yamaha pacifica had a decent one. i think

do you guys have any ideas of guitars good for solo's but with a good tremolo

That was a very different tremolo, that's a vintage fender style one and it was probably rubbish too to be honest.

The RGs (GRGs aside) have full floating tremolos. They're very fiddly to balance in the first place and they like to go out of tune very easily if you don't set things up properly and still even then.

For that price range you won't get a "good tremolo" unless you play the waiting game on the used market.
Last edited by johnnykbop at Jul 29, 2013,
Is your wife still around? Might want to consider getting something cheaper if you think she may attempt to smash the new one as well.
Quote by Danitarium
Might want to consider getting something cheaper

Wife or guitar?
Quote by GWADanny
lol why are the tremolos so rubbish ?

to try to persuade people to buy the dearer models.

while a prestige is still a better guitar than the non-prestiges, if the non-prestiges had the good trems an awful lot of people would make do with the non-prestiges.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hi guys ive also been looking at the jackson adrian smith sdx ? is this any good ? i think its going to be between the RG350DXZ or the above
I used to have an RG, really good guitars, i got some great single coil sounds out of mine. Could always use one then use the single coil tone when you decide to play some proper music instead of shred haha :P
All about the mids!!!!!!!
hi again guys i have looked into the guitars more and have narrowed it down with some better quality

i have 3 choices
my favorate is the jackson - slatxmg3-6
then ibanez rg370fmz or jackson slx soloist
and maybe ibanez rg350dxz

do any of you guys have experience of preference in these as i want to know which would be best for solo's and faster technique.

thanks guys its appreciated
If you want it so much, why not buy it?

Go try them if you can. Your hands will tell you which one to buy.
Quote by Grimm312
If you want it so much, why not buy it?

Go try them if you can. Your hands will tell you which one to buy.

The reason I am slightly hesitant is because I can't find many reviews on the guitar. But yeah I might pop in my local shop to have a play.