Page 1 of 3
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Gay people must be so happy the pope has given his blessing.

I don't thing gay people should care what other people think about their life style, period
This pope is a total bro.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
His opinion holds the same value to me as the opinions of the thousands of other people I see during my commute each day.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
But for real why would we praise a guy for thinking things that we just assume people we meet every day do? You don't win points from me for not hating gays, regardless of whether your Nazi predecessor did or not

EDIT: I've always thought it was a bit rich hating gays when as a Catholic you take Jesus' meat in your mouth every sunday
Last edited by willT08 at Jul 29, 2013,
Quote by willT08
But for real why would we praise a guy for thinking things that we just assume people we meet every day do? You don't win points from me for not hating gays, regardless of whether your Nazi predecessor did or not

popes need positive reinforcement
Quote by willT08

I'm glad that he's supporting sensible things instead of protecting pedophiles and discouraging condoms in AIDs filled areas. Step in the right direction.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by bdof
I don't thing gay people should care what other people think about their life style, period

This is a novel concept.
I really hate how big of a deal everything he does is becoming, because he's only doing what the church has been claiming to be about for the past two thousand years. We're supposed to be impressed that he's doing his job right and not being a hypocrite? Fuck that, it should already be expected.
It's actually really awesome to hear that, we can only hope that all of the Christians actually listen to him and take his example. I mean, he kind of IS a big deal: he's the leader of the largest religion on the planet AND the sovereign of Vatican City.

I think this new Pope is pretty badass (although I don't know TOO much about him, I'm not really religious)
like how he has lived a super minimalistic and simple life, and is really humble about BEING THE FREAKING POPE.
he just wants the christians to open their minds, realize that it's OKAY for people to have different opinions/orientations, and get on with their happy lives without all of the hate.
Last edited by icesk8erqueen8 at Jul 29, 2013,
Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm glad that he's supporting sensible things instead of protecting pedophiles and discouraging condoms in AIDs filled areas. Step in the right direction.

After that, how could you not take a step in the right direction?

Call me when Catholic organizations stop lobbying against gay rights or try to get nonsense taught in schools. I don't much care what the elderly virgin at the top has to say.

EDIT: I'm basically bang on with Blake.
Quote by icesk8erqueen8
It's actually really awesome to hear that, we can only hope that all of the Christians actually listen to him and take his example.

I think this new Pope is pretty badass (although I don't know TOO much about him)
like how he has lived a super minimalistic and simple life, and is really humble about BEING THE FREAKING POPE.
he just wants the christians to open their minds, realize that it's OKAY for people to have different opinions/orientations, and get on with their happy lives without all of the hate.

Yeah this.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by willT08
After that, how could you not take a step in the right direction?

Call me when Catholic organizations stop lobbying against gay rights or try to get nonsense taught in schools. I don't much care what the elderly virgin at the top has to say.

It's a big step though. It's not like he just stopped doing those things. He's actively going in the opposite direction of the previous pope. So maybe two steps.

He's basically doing what the church should have been doing, like blake said. What the church does isn't of much concern to me but I'm glad that there's a chance that the new generation of Catholics will have an open minded pope to look to. I have younger cousins who are being raised Catholic. It's going knowing that they might learn something good from it. I hold my own opinions about raising children into religion but I'm trying to be positive.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by captainsnazz
7/10 would possibly worship

You shouldn't worship a man you silly goose
Reserve that for the big guy in the sky or you will burn in a lake of fire, praise his name

Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm glad that there's a chance that the new generation of Catholics will have an open minded pope to look to.

And +1 this
Last edited by bdof at Jul 29, 2013,
Quote by willT08
"Pope catches up with the secular world, only 50 years late"

This.

How on Earth is he considered progressive? He's just as backward as the rest of his paedophile-protecting patriarchal pals.

I'd actually prefer it if the Catholic church continued to hate gays - at least then, despite all their wrongs, they could at least claim to be consistent and vaguely based on the spiritual teachings of the Bible.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Jul 29, 2013,
Quote by BladeSlinger
It's a big step though. It's not like he just stopped doing those things. He's actively going in the opposite direction of the previous pope. So maybe two steps. :p

You know how I know the Pope doesn't talk to God?

He's basically doing what the church should have been doing

So fucking what?

The idea that Catholics are gonna start fishing for compliments and talk about how wonderfully tolerant they are because they've (maybe for the first time) got a Pope in that isn't a complete cock is ridiculous.

EDIT: ^ I'm more of a fan where they pretend they don't and kinda sweep the fact that God was completely wrong about every moral teaching he gave in his first covenant under the rug. Because then you have all these cursed Jews and that seems more fun to me.
Last edited by willT08 at Jul 29, 2013,
Quote by willT08

EDIT: I've always thought it was a bit rich hating gays when as a Catholic you take Jesus' meat in your mouth every sunday

Are you trying to conflate cannibalism and homosexuality?

That's just wrong!!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by willT08
The idea that Catholics are gonna start fishing for compliments and talk about how wonderfully tolerant they are because they've (maybe for the first time) got a Pope in that isn't a complete cock is ridiculous.

Now now, there's no need to get angry and be intolerant of other people's faith. I'm sure we can have a good wholesome conversation with zero slandering, praise His name
Quote by willT08
You know how I know the Pope doesn't talk to God?

So fucking what?

I find Catholicism ridiculous, personally. Just pointing out and he's better than the previous one and I'm glad to see a slight improvement when so many people take his opinions very seriously.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by bdof
there's no need to get angry and be intolerant of other people's faith.

Look around the world. There absolutely is.
I find Catholicism ridiculous, personally.
You'd make a good Catholic
Quote by bdof
Now now, there's no need to get angry and be intolerant of other people's faith. I'm sure we can have a good wholesome conversation with zero slandering, praise His name

I don't think the Catholic church is any position to say 'Hey guys, stop being so intolerant'.
Jesus christ, you guys take good news worse than a Pope who just found out his parents are alive and Jewish.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by necrosis1193
Jesus christ, you guys take good news worse than a Pope who just found out his parents are alive and Jewish.

This shouldn't be news. This should be commonplace.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
He's nowhere near as progressive as people think. He still maintains that homosexuality is a sin, even though homosexuality isn't mentioned at all in the New Covenant.

But honestly, when has the church as an organization been strictly in line with the Bible and the teachings of Jesus. I would imagine not very much.

I see the new pope as a possibility for a shift. The church will always deviate from what they're supposed to be but if they're doing it anyway, it may as well be in a better direction. Women in the church, not being such asses to gay people.

I still harbor a lot of very negative feelings toward them but they're going to do what they're going to do anyway.

I really dislike how much media the pope gets. Tons of people who aren't even Catholic care. I don't understand why.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jul 29, 2013,
I love how the pope can basically say anything that to everyone else is simply an innate moral fact and be classed as progressive. Next he'll say 'Turns out women might be equal to men' and everyone will shit a brick at how forward thinking he is.
When he starts giving money back to families ruined by his church's rapes and reconstructing the entire Vatican I'll be impressed. To take two thousand years to catch up with what Jesus was saying back then is pretty sad.

Quote by Todd Hart
I love how the pope can basically say anything that to everyone else is simply an innate moral fact and be classed as progressive. Next he'll say 'Turns out women might be equal to men' and everyone will shit a brick at how forward thinking he is.

woah woah woah, what!?!? Did he say that!?!?

PRAISE THIS DUDE HE'S SO FORWARD THINKING GOD LOOK HOW GOOD OF PEOPLE US CATHOLICS ARE
Last edited by blake1221 at Jul 29, 2013,
It's like you guys expect change to come overnight for a church with over a billion members and a long-standing fondness of homophobia. This is good news regardless if it should've been like this from the beginning.
Quote by Todd Hart

This just in: Pope admits that condoms stop AIDS and reduce the amount of abortion. Says they're "ok I guess".
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Todd Hart

no man you don't get it the pope thinks gays are ok this is AMAZING
Quote by blake1221
This shouldn't be news. This should be commonplace.

And kids shouldn't go to school afraid they're going to be bullied. And voters shouldn't have to go into the voting booth picking the lesser of two evils. And someone shouldn't have to wait six hours in the ER waiting room just because their condition isn't immediately life-threatening. And children shouldn't have to choose between starving to death by walking to the hospital or dying of disease by staying home and eating in Africa.

Fact of the matter is the world's not perfect. A lot of things are very messed up and very bad. But that doesn't mean that things are all always bad all the time, and when something good and right, like, say, the mindset of millions of people across the world becoming more accepting and proper, starts happening, even if it's just their leader guy saying "Be cool to these dudes," whining about it because it's how it should have been in the first place is childish and petty.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Page 1 of 3