Is it okay if I purchase Vox AC15C as my first amp? I recently got an Orville by Gibson Les Paul Custom and I want to know if an all tube amp would be a right choice as the first electric guitar amp
sure, as long as it suits the music you're going to be playing (what will you be playing?) and you don't have to play at whisper volume all the time. you don't have to crank most modern tube amps to 10 to sound good, but if you're trying not to wake a baby in the next room they're probably not the best idea either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sure, as long as it suits the music you're going to be playing (what will you be playing?) and you don't have to play at whisper volume all the time. you don't have to crank most modern tube amps to 10 to sound good, but if you're trying not to wake a baby in the next room they're probably not the best idea either.

I don't want to wake up a baby but I want the sound to be not too loud outside my bedroom
^ it really depends on how quiet you're going to need to be. You can normally turn tube amps down pretty quiet (like, tv volume), just they don't always sound that great at their absolute lowest volume. if you can get up to shouting volume, then they start to sound pretty good.

and yeah if you don't play anything too heavy the ac15 should be fine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ah, you'll be fine. I lived next door to my RA in the dorms and had an AC30C2 on the wall between my room and his, and managed just fine.

That AC15 will suit you just fine. Be aware that Vox AC amps are fantastic foundational amps, but they're more or less one tone amps. If you want any other sounds at all as far as overdrive goes, you're going to need some pedals down the line.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
You can afford to get an AC15 as your first amp? Lucky bastard.

Yeah you should be fine, seeing as you don't play metal.
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

Also look into a Blues Jr! A GREAT amp that I'm still getting amazed by 10 years later. I'm about to put a new speaker in mine!

Also I think a blues jr is lighter then the ac15
Quote by karimbaig
how much a used Vox AC15C would cost in the united states?

$4-500 around here (Ohio, more in Cali I think). They're pretty popular and hold their value well if you take care of it.

Btw, Orville makes superb guitars, nice
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Jul 31, 2013,
God I love the AC series!

I have an AC30C2 but I used the AC15 for a long time with my old band! Maybe give the volume a try before you buy it because it's pretty loud... especially if you have the one with 2 12 inches but it's got a great clean tone, takes pedals well etc.

It was also plenty loud to jam with another guitarist, a bassist and a drummer and still be cleanish when I needed it.

Also thinking back on MY first amp makes me pretty jealous of your situation :P Depending on how your tastes progress, this might be your first AND last amp