After some advice from you guys, I got my first electric guitar on Friday and I wanted to show it off.

http://i.imgur.com/Flc2Yqy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bXr5Syw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XLB09BO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/g04lqhZ.jpg

I was so excited that I forgot to take off the styrofoam off the pickup switch. But here's one outdoors with it off
http://i.imgur.com/lBJsV3y.jpg

And here's a shot of the flame finish with flash:
http://i.imgur.com/wSw7ArZ.jpg

It's an Agile AL-2000 made in 2013 and manufactured in (I think) Korea. I could be wrong about that though. It's in the Honey Sunburst finish. It's not a Gibson, Fender, Gretsch, Jackson, Ibanez, LTD/ESP, or PRS; but I still love it to death. The build is solid. I've seen so many posts with people receiving their instrument from Rondomusic with cracks in the finish, messed up fretboards, and whacky electronics. I shipped mine without a case and it came to me in pristine condition, so applause to Rondo!

I've been playing the acoustic guitar since 2010 and the electric bass since 2011. I've recently gotten interested in the electric guitar and have been playing electric stuff on my acoustic but it just wasn't the same (obviously). I've been looking for the best deal out there for an electric and someone mentioned this sale to me so I saved up the last couple dollars and bit the bullet. It was $160 plus $18 shipping which, for $178, is a great guitar! Needless to say, I love it. Gets a good enough Slash tone from my amp and sounds like... a Les Paul. Haha.
I think my first order of business is to save up and get a small tube amp (1-5 watts?).

And for the family shot
http://i.imgur.com/VXeHXK5.jpg
From left to right:
  • Squier SA-100 - My first instrument. I got it in the 8th grade and it has been put to hell and back. I love the action on it and it doesn't sound too bad. Of course, compared to a Taylor, it sounds like absolute ****.
  • Agile AL-2000 & Line 6 Spider II that my friend gave to me for free.
  • Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass & Fender Rumble 15 - I got it when I was a freshman and it sounds amazing. Great slap tone.

Thanks for taking the time to read this! If you have any tips for a new electric guitarist, I'm all ears!
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
HNGD! Now you just need to replace that Spider, though getting it from a friend for free you can't complain at your level. Just remember that watts≠volume. 1-5 watts could still be quite loud, but much more usable than a 100 watt half stack.

On a side note, I have that exact same bass amp that I got for free from a friend
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
wow that's very nice

Quote by Lavatain
Just remember that watts≠volume.

+1

don't fixate on getting a small wattage tube amp, a higher wattage amp which you can turn down may well suit what you want to play better, may well be more versatile, and may well sound better at bedroom practising volumes, too.

For the sake of clarify, by "may well" I mean "probably will". Low wattage tube amps have their place (I have a couple), but they're kinda advertised as a panacea for bad tone at bedroom practice volumes, and they don't really solve that problem. They're more a solution for getting a cranked-up tone at slightly more reasonable volumes, that's all.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Lavatain
HNGD! Now you just need to replace that Spider, though getting it from a friend for free you can't complain at your level. Just remember that watts≠volume. 1-5 watts could still be quite loud, but much more usable than a 100 watt half stack.

On a side note, I have that exact same bass amp that I got for free from a friend

Thanks for tip! I had to pay $20 for the Rumble

Quote by Dave_Mc
wow that's very nice

+1

don't fixate on getting a small wattage tube amp, a higher wattage amp which you can turn down may well suit what you want to play better, may well be more versatile, and may well sound better at bedroom practising volumes, too.

For the sake of clarify, by "may well" I mean "probably will". Low wattage tube amps have their place (I have a couple), but they're kinda advertised as a panacea for bad tone at bedroom practice volumes, and they don't really solve that problem. They're more a solution for getting a cranked-up tone at slightly more reasonable volumes, that's all.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep that in mind when I go looking for a new amp.
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
A tip about your acoustic, I have a cheap acoustic too, but I think it sounds fairly passable, a way to improve it's tone may be stick a thick set of bronze strings on it? I've got a set of 0.56- 0.13s on mine atm.

Seems Like you've got a good guitar to start off with! And also a hardtail too, which is probably good for someone unaccustomed to trems! HNGD!
very nice, congrats!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by itzkpanda

Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep that in mind when I go looking for a new amp.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thats real nice man! how does it feel to play? good? congratulations HNGD!
All about the mids!!!!!!!
Quote by ambler3
A tip about your acoustic, I have a cheap acoustic too, but I think it sounds fairly passable, a way to improve it's tone may be stick a thick set of bronze strings on it? I've got a set of 0.56- 0.13s on mine atm.

I used to have a set of Martin SP .56-.13s on it, but I wanted to try out the .54-.12 and it sounds pretty good still.

Quote by SteveJB1989
thats real nice man! how does it feel to play? good? congratulations HNGD!

Thanks. Out of the box, I had to adjust the action and string height a bit to fit my liking. The neck is a bit thinner than the couple Epiphone Les Pauls that I played at guitar center, but it feels pretty good.
I'm not quite sure what strings came with the guitar, but they sound OK enough for me to keep them. And when the time comes, I got a 4 pack of GHS Boomers from Hello Music for free ($10 site credit ) to switch it out with.

The pickups sound OK for what the guitar costs, but I think I might change it. They sound a bit muddy after listening to it for a while. Then again, it might just be the amp so my judgement might change when I get a new one.
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
Last edited by itzkpanda at Jul 30, 2013,
Congrats!

Everyone on the internet is unanimous in saying that Agile make better guitars than Gibson
(Kidding! Put the pitchfork down)

Seriously, it looks great.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Yeah it might be your amp mate, get a little tube amp some great value ones out there. Sounds good though, and great that the neck feels good. its a sexy geet!
All about the mids!!!!!!!