Hey everybody, I'm trying to look for a good backup/secondary gigging guitar to pair with my tele, here are my circumstances:

Genres: blues, country, surf, folk (Mainly)
Budget: 800$ and down (I'm more concerned with country of origin here, but MIA isn't a necessity).
New would be my preference, and solid body is a bonus, and I'm in the bay area for reference.
Artists: SRV, Danny Gatton, Bob Marley, The Mermen, Dick Dale, Curtis Mayfield, Eagles, REM
Current gear: American tele, vox night train, TS9, MXR classic fuzz, boss chorus, reverb, delay.
Other preferences: Solid body, single coils as an option, high playability.

Thanks for input!
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
How about the Fender Pawn Shop Super Sonic? It'd be suitable for most of those genres, and it'd look the part for surf music too.

There's plenty of other options in the Pawn Shop range as well if it's too flashy for you.

Edit: Just seen that you'd prefer single coils. You should be able to find some Fender Jaguars with that budget.
Last edited by DeanoM50810 at Jul 29, 2013,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 29, 2013,
Yep- Dean Zelinsky's Private Label is Dean Z's third ompletely new guitar company. I haven't seen any demos, but ever since they went on sale this year, I have had a tab open in my iPad's browser for the Z-Glide Tagliare. I will be buying one- I'm just waffling between 2 finishes...and paying off a custom guitar project right now.

I was not aware that he had any outlets other than the direct sales route, though! Thanks for the update.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
The AXL USA Bulldog is a great guitar. It probably will be the next guitar I buy. Similar to the old Gibson LP Junior's except it uses a Lindy Fralin custom shop p-90.
http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/AXL_USA_Bulldog_AL_1090_Electric_Guitar_Review
Fender 2012 MIA Standard Telecaster
Epiphone 2013 Firebird Ltd. Edition Pelham Blue w/ Burstbuckers
Orange Tiny Terror Combo
Dunlop KH95 Kirk Hammett Signature Cry Baby Wah
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss SD-1
Boss PS-6
Boss DD-7
Zelinsky is only direct sales in the US. In other regions, it's through dealers.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
How about a Strat? That's promising for the genres you are playing