Hey everyone! Theres a bunch of new albums coming out/already out that I'd like to get everyones opinions on!

The first two are not exactly "new" because of the people in the band, but they are up and coming!

1. Anselmo - "Walk Through Exits Only"
-Phil Anselmo's latest side project. They just released an album this past month, and I'm interested in what you have to say!

2. Newsted - Heavy Metal Music
-Jason Newsted's side project. From what I can tell, a lot of fans are excited to hear it! My question is- opinions? It's not often you see side projects like this one, and I'd like to know what people think of the current single from it!

3. While She Sleeps - This is the Six (Deluxe)
-These guys are the up and coming British hardcore band even though they've been around for a while. They released their album last year, but it came out in a re-release this year and I listened to "Death Toll" and loved it. The rest of the album is solid too, I think UK just does the hardcore scene better. Anyways, opinions?

4. Thy Art is Murder - Hate
-Thy Art is Murder are Australian deathcore, but they have a sort of Whitechapel-Suicide Silence influence where it doesn't seem like they're focused on playing the slowest syncopated breakdowns. I hear a lot of blast beats and faster speeds, so I was wondering what people think about their take on the deathcore scene. They've been around for a long time but this release doesn't sound like what they've put out before.

Let me know what you think!! Opinions of all kinds are welcomed.

-N
All those albums are pretty bad. Anselmo's release was obnoxious, Newsted's was the most boring thing that's been released in years, While She Sleeps was unoriginal nu-metalcore, and Thy Art is Murder is just bad.
None of these bads are "up coming"

This thread is silly.

Also the bands can be summed up as:

Boring, Boring (though I wish it wasn't), Boring (Though the EP is good) and Boring.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jul 29, 2013,
I've heard the Anselmo album is quite interesting.

I haven't listened to to any of them, but I can tell you that While She Sleeps only does something for a very specific part of the UK's hardcore scene. It's the same part that listens to Skrillex.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Haha well I do appreciate all the honesty in opinions. Also when i say "up coming" I mean either the current talk of the month or the rising force; a lot of people I know who love metal have been talking about Newsted and Anselmo's albums, and While She Sleeps has been getting tons of publicity this past year. Thy Art is Murder... uh... hahaha
Is that Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang
Is that Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force?

^^Legitimately laughed my ass off. Great catch
Thy Art Is Murder are as big as they're ever gonna get.

Deathcore ain't trendy no more.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
The Anselmo album is the closest we'll get to a Jagermeister tanktop in musical form. I've never heard anything so terrible. Seeing someone like Jason Newsted come out with a new solo album is incredibly depressing too. Like an old celebrity prowling a rock bar for young dim women.

The rest is complete shit. Carry on.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold
The Anselmo album is the closest we'll get to a Jagermeister tanktop in musical form. I've never heard anything so terrible. Seeing someone like Jason Newsted come out with a new solo album is incredibly depressing too. Like an old celebrity prowling a rock bar for young dim women.

Strangle's visualizations.