Hey everyone,

I've recently launched my YouTube Channel called "Riff Chaser" (http://www.youtube.com/user/riffchaser021).

Every week I improvise on a drum track and upload a 30-45sec Guitar Riff (tablatures included).

All RIFFs are ROYALTY-FREE!

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

My Musical Biography:
http://livingwithinyourself.com/2013/06/23/my-musical-biography/

-David
This just seems like an incredibly difficult idea to pull off correctly. Besides, doesn't this kind of defeat the point of writing music? How would you work someone else's riffs into your song? Some of these are okay, though.

Oh, also, you've made the exact same thread four times, and that's the only thing you've done here (of course it is, your name is "RiffChaser"). Signing up just to promote yourself is a no-no. Big boys don't do no-nos.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Jul 29, 2013,
Hi Cavalcade,

I agree, it would be difficult working someone else's riff into your own song but someone can simply write a new song around a GUITAR RIFF they like. Much simpler that way

I enjoy writing and sharing my ideas, that's what music is for me

I am new on this forum but I do intend on sharing my thoughts & experiences as well with the community

Thanks for your thoughts!
Quote by RiffChaser
I agree, it would be difficult working someone else's riff into your own song but someone can simply write a new song around a GUITAR RIFF they like. Much simpler that way

So you're trying to get rid of that pesky "having an idea" part of songwriting. Excellent. Bring on the millions of "me too" wannabe rockers. Because the scene isn't saturated enough with faceless clones already.
Quote by RiffChaser

I enjoy writing and sharing my ideas, that's what music is for me

You don't like your ideas enough to flesh them out into full songs. If you really loved them, you'd give them your number after you metaphorically stuck your dick in them.
Quote by RiffChaser

I am new on this forum but I do intend on sharing my thoughts & experiences as well with the community

I doubt that.

Don't get me wrong, I see what you're trying to do. But coming up with a good riff is a REALLY IMPORTANT part of the songwriting process, and it's what makes a song a hit. If someone has you ghostwrite the core of their song, it's not theirs anymore. It's just another one of millions of "look, ma, I'm a rock star!" tracks floating about on the internet.
I'm all for using the internet to freely share knowledge, and make the world a smarter place, but to really make this work, you'll have to do more than jam a mediocre riff every week. Explain what makes them great, or how they work. Maybe use it in the context of your song, and show them how it's done. Teach the kids something. Don't just do all the work for them.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Jul 29, 2013,