Hey there, I have a question regarding relative pitch. I had learned an exercise for developing relative pitch and started to do it yesterday.
It goes:
Play a note, C for example, say the note's name.
Play another note, let's say E, say E.
Then you'll play the same notes in the same order, but this time saying the interval instead of the names.

I did it with the notes in C major(CDEFGABC). So, to test if it works, I did a recording of myself playing random intervals with C(C & A, followed by C & F etc.), Turns out I had recorded 33 & I nailed 28, because I played some too fast. To test it further, I used and app I have that plays an interval and you choose the answer. The app doesn't stay in one key, & I seemed to be having problems.

My question is:
Would I have to do this exercises through every key or will at some point I get the relationships in my head so clear that I will have no problem?
When you're starting out, different keys may throw you off, but keep working on it, and it'll come to you. I don't think you need to practice each key or anything. Eventually you'll be able to hear the interval, regardless of the key
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
just do scales bro. sing scales and you'll get it more quickly.
sigless
Quote by sysD
just do scales bro. sing scales and you'll get it more quickly.

I tried with the app & I recognise scales(get the answers right) but can't name the intervals.
Quote by HeretiK538
When you're starting out, different keys may throw you off, but keep working on it, and it'll come to you. I don't think you need to practice each key or anything. Eventually you'll be able to hear the interval, regardless of the key

Thanks, you just saved me from doing the same thing over & over & over..
Don't do intervals in one key. You should be able to recognize them regardless of key. Also, don't triple post.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls