Hello assorted bassists, i've decided to become one of you!
anyway seeing as my epi G-400 dosen't sound right tuned almost 2 octaves below standard i'll have to get a proper bass. I play doom metal and i'm looking for a good 5 string under £500, i don't know a lot about basses but i do know i want something with 24 frets and a humbucker, ideally.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

Thanks man.
As far as i can tell the vampyre is pretty much perfect. I couldn't find any information on the dark lord though, i'm assuming it's a cheaper version of the standard vampyre?
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by phayzze

Alright i'll pick up a vampyre if i can, the thing is i won't technically be buying this myself and it's going to take a bit of begging to convince someone to buy it for me.
I don't want to take the piss and the vampyre may be too expensive so i'll need to find a cheaper alternative.
After a quick search i found these glorious things.
Despite it being one of the most hideous things ever conceived i think the steinberger is close to what i'm looking for.
What do you think?

Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by phayzze

Ignore that last post.
I've done the impossible and found a way to make money. I'll be picking up a Vampyre as soon as i can afford one.

Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by phayzze