I'm getting a new acoustic electric guitar and I'm wondering whether its worth it to buy an acoustic amp also. I know you can run the guitar through a PA system, but when my friends and I play together there is not one available. I don't necessarily need it to be very loud, I just need it to jam, at least for now. I'm not looking to spend too much, as I have a low budget. I currently have a Line 6 SpiderIV that I use with my electric guitar. Will using the clean channel on that amp affect the sound of an acoustic greatly? also, is there a pedal out there that could simulate an acoustic amp through a Spider IV?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
Acoustic Amps doesn't affect the sound that much as electric ones in my experience.

Actually, they are pretty transparent Amps, so there's no such thing as a pedal to emulate one.

Using an acoustic witar with your current amp would greatly affect it's sound indeed, up to you will be to choose if it's a good or a bad thing.

Try it, it will do you no harm.
And if you decide it's good enough for you to play with when you're with friends, you're on.
If you decide it isn't, have a look at the Joyo JA-65 and the peavey acoustic series, and then buy what you think you need.

20W are most likely enough to play with friends, while you micht want to consider the bigger ones if you think you cold use it as your main or backup gig amp.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
You could buy a powered foldback wedge. That'd work well, I think. Plus you could use it for other things like digital rigs and for its intended purpose in the future.
[404]Signature not found
the yamaha trh-10 has an acoustic channel meant for acoustic guitars, but also works well with electric guitars. it's not a very loud amp though.

but not knowing your budget makes it tough to recommend anything.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The acoustic thing on the trh-10 would be an acoustic simulator, I don't think it's the best idea to put an acoustic guitar through an acoustic simulator.

Also, the amp does a lot of things but it's small, while the TS seems to be wanting an amp that works just as acoustic amp, so for that money I guess he could get something bigger.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
well i'm not going to stop doing it because you said i shouldn't do it.

it seems to work quite well imo.

otherwise i'd have a look for a used roland AC series acoustic amp. or maybe a used fishman loudbox, those were decent too.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What's your budget? because there are some small portable PA
setups that are way louder and less expensive than most acoustic amps.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011