Hi, fellow guitarists.
This is my first post in this section, so please be as harsh as you can.

I am looking forward to buy a new classical guitar, for I still haven't found a single steel strings acoustic which I like the sound of.

I've been playing guitar for almost 7 years and I own a classical one I bought from lidl for €50 (which stillworks : D) and a telecaster.

Lately I've thought about upgrading to a new classical one.

I'd buy something cheap, possibily.
Less than €300.
And I would like it to have a pickup system and a cutway.

I was thinking about the Alvarez RC26HCE, which I can get for €250.

Is that a solid choice, or I can get something better for my needs?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
so.....you want an acoustic guitar, not a classical right? preferably an electro-acoustic.
that alvarez is more of a dread style with a slothead neck. i'm not quite sure where the term classical fits in. ( personally, i hate trying to string slotheads)
only slotheads i really care for are the 12 fretters, for a good one of those, i'd put up with my re-stringing issues( i have lots of other issues anyway, whats one more?).
in your range, i'd look for a Yamaha FGX700( see patti, i can be taught! ) if an acoustic/electric is what your really looking for.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
No, I don't want an steel strings acoustic.

As I wrote, I'd like a classical guitar with a cutaway and a pickup system, like the Alvarez RC26HCE.

I'll have a look at the yamaha line anyway, maybe I can find what I'm looking for there, thank you
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

at the price you're talking about, it's not an intermediate guitar you'd be looking for but an entry level guitar. i had an ibanez GAGCE, which i believe was replaced by the AEG10NII-NT. as all laminate classicals go, ibanez makes some good ones
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_aeg10nii_nt.htm

that being said, thomann has some B-stock taks with solid tops at the top of your price range
http://www.thomann.de/gb/takamine_eg128sc_b_stock_2.htm

you can hear it on the non-B-stock page
http://www.thomann.de/gb/takamine_eg128sc.htm
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
The Ibanez listed above is a decent choice if you plan on playing plugged in. I know you are looking for an acoustic electric, but do you actually plan on playing it plugged in a lot? If not I would go with something without a cutaway. The cutaway kills the tone of low end classical guitars. Also the Yamaha NXC700 is a good choice. Just outside your budget, but if you can extend it or find a used one I would choose it over any of the other options already mentioned.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by patticake
at the price you're talking about, it's not an intermediate guitar you'd be looking for but an entry level guitar. i had an ibanez GAGCE, which i believe was replaced by the AEG10NII-NT. as all laminate classicals go, ibanez makes some good ones

Well my entry level guitar cost 50 bucks, so that would be a pretty nice step forward anyway XP

I don't really know about Ibanez - I mean I know them mostly for the V70CE, which I deeply dislike.
That, together with the things written in this topic, I'd prefer not to buy an Ibanez guitar.

Is that really my best choice or I could go for something else?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
i'm not a fan of ibanez steel string guitars - if you do a search, you'll find i never recommend them. i did like the classical, though.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!