View poll results: ?
Nuke dem bitches
7 25%
Save dem bitches
4 14%
Get into a suit and hair-sex dem bitches
17 61%
Voters: 28.
So we've all heard about the idea that after the humans take off of Pandora, their obvious next step is to nuke the entire place from orbit, destroying the threat, taking the stuff, and then going back home throwing a giant middle finger to space-Eden.

What do you guys think, is this the most likely scenario? Or would humanity refuse to completely wipe out a planet full of sentient creatures?
I've never really liked pandora either, It always gives me shit bands that are in no way related to the artists' station I picked
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Sounds like a situation where the world will be split into 2: those who are for destroying the planet, and those who are against doing so.

But they'll share a common characteristic. They'll all go onto the internet and vehemently argue their point. Bonus points if all objectivity goes out the window and people start saying things like, "X is clearly better. You're stupid for not seeing it."
Quote by CoreysMonster
So... we take the Navi princess to Earth and show her a dancing bear?

Flawless tactic.
I haven't seen the movie and have no intention of seeing it.

Lemme go wiki the story.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I woud nuke the place

But if I were in jakes situation I wouldnt have betrayed my species in the first place
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by theguitarist
I haven't seen the movie and have no intention of seeing it.

Lemme go wiki the story.

It's Fern Gully in space.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by CoreysMonster
nuke the entire place from orbit

it's the only way to be sure
Okay.

wtf does unobtanium do and why can't they just go to some other planet to get it. sounds like the humans are just being lazy trying to get it from pandora, which will run out of it if they ever managed to mine it anyway so it's a temp resource at best.

If they really need that material, humanity comes first, so they'd probably go get some more troops and just carpet bomb everything that'd fight them from orbit and just take the resources.

If they were all peace-loving hippies on earth, then these guys prob wouldn't have tried screwing over Pandora to begin with.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I've never really liked pandora either, It always gives me shit bands that are in no way related to the artists' station I picked

This.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by theguitarist
Okay.

wtf does unobtanium do and why can't they just go to some other planet to get it. sounds like the humans are just being lazy trying to get it from pandora, which will run out of it if they ever managed to mine it anyway so it's a temp resource at best.

If they really need that material, humanity comes first, so they'd probably go get some more troops and just carpet bomb everything that'd fight them from orbit and just take the resources.

If they were all peace-loving hippies on earth, then these guys prob wouldn't have tried screwing over Pandora to begin with.

unobtanium doesn't "do" anything, it's just the macguffin of the movie. Humans want it. Pandora has it. Apparently it only exists there or something. Standard macguffin logic.
Unobtainium. un-obtain-ium. How lazy.

They really should go to Thyferra and get some bacta. At least that stuff has some use and a real name.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
ok yeah I remember now why I never watched it. between hearing the word 'unobtanium' and rolling my eyes so hard that I gave my brain a massage and someone summarising to me that joke script that recasts the whole movie as pocahontas, I just couldn't be bothered.

I mean I'm not adverse to sci-fi that isn't about intergalactic war, dystopian cities or robot fights but setting something in the future doesn't stop it being tat.

Maybe I'll catch it as background noise when it turns up on tv.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
ok yeah I remember now why I never watched it. between hearing the word 'unobtanium' and rolling my eyes so hard that I gave my brain a massage and someone summarising to me that joke script that recasts the whole movie as pocahontas, I just couldn't be bothered.

I mean I'm not adverse to sci-fi that isn't about intergalactic war, dystopian cities or robot fights but setting something in the future doesn't stop it being tat.

Maybe I'll catch it as background noise when it turns up on tv.

It's not so bad a watch if you have a nice television screen, because it's aesthetically pleasing. There are like....very few parts worth watching though.
Quote by Wikipedia
Since the late 1950s, aerospace engineers have used the term "unobtainium" when referring to unusual or costly materials, or when theoretically considering a material perfect for their needs in all respects, except that it does not exist. By the 1990s, the term was in wide use, even in formal engineering papers such as "Towards unobtainium [new composite materials for space applications]."The word unobtainium may well have been coined in the aerospace industry to refer to materials capable of withstanding the extreme temperatures expected in reentry. Aerospace engineers are frequently tempted to design aircraft which require parts with strength or resilience beyond that of currently available materials.

It's not even his idea.
Quote by Random3
Read the first line:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtainium

It isn't some cheesy word Cameron invented for his movie.

No, it's a cheesy word that engineers came up with that James Cameron recycled into his movie. That's worse.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
yeah but srsly, as i see it the whole story is pinned on this element, in reality this whole shit with the natives would be irrelevant cause if the stuff is actually needed by humanity, they're going to get it in the end. if it isn't necessary enough that they can be all like 'forget it, let's leave pandora alone' then what was the point of douching about the planet trying to get this stuff in the first place. by making more it than some humans being utilitarian, it makes the whole story some dumb hippy shit, that I bet no one would have seen if it wasn't nice to look at.

just like pocahontas, if it turned out the natives had anything worth taking, even if they got the upper hand, the english would be back a month later with more men. thats how the incas and all of them got boned by the spanish.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I think The Bonnie Situation is a lot more interesting. And way superior.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
All in favor of invading Thyferra and draining it of its bacta?
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by Xiaoxi
I think The Bonnie Situation is a lot more interesting. And way superior.

+1

Millions of dollars to make another Ferngully movie... I mean, Pocahontas movie, I mean Dances With Wolves movie.

The only thing sadder than Avatar is that more of them are expected to be made.