Page 1 of 2
I will literally be angry forever about this.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I am figuratively very upset at this.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by WhiskeyFace

How does this make you feel?

No, god no!
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Ichikurosaki
what good is a dictionary that uses the word you're looking up the meaning of to define itself

This, what a shitty dictionary. It probably has like literally 9000 mistakes.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I literally just came into this thread, literally, and I was literally itching to post a sentence which literally raped the usage of the word literally. But I was literally heartbroken to find that literally everybody had already made literally the exact same joke. Literally.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Why do they keep catering to the stupidity of the world by editing the dictionary?
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
My local area is full of rich blonde girls whose speech consists 75% of the word 'literally' and 20 % of the word 'like' and about 5% of actual subject content.

edit: just read the op properly.

I am going to make the people who put this into their dictionaries pay. I will say no more than that so as to not leave evidence incriminating myself.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Ewwwwww
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Doesn't bother me one bit.

Literally.
ಥ_ಥ
Last edited by arsonite at Jul 30, 2013,
In colloquial language, this is somewhat accurate.

In discourse between people who aren't stupid and in an academic context, this is not.

EDIT also hi hriday i've missed you
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by WantsLesPaul

I came here to post this.

This is literally--the best news I've heard all day.
After reading the OP my brain literally couldn't handle my indifference and decided to explode. My brain matter ran out of my ears in a stream of pink goo some of which i managed to collect in a wine glass, i mixed it with some vodka and drank it.
It was surprisingly refreshing.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

I seriously remember when I was little no one ever used it that way, what happened? Something must have caused it
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I seriously remember when I was little no one ever used it that way, what happened? Something must have caused it

You did.

Thanks jerk
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by soundgarden1986
bob y

Shit happens
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
When a word has two meanings that are the opposites of eachother, how do people continue to communicate with eachother and know what the other person meant? I literally don't know how people can be this stupid.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
You can write any word out with a definition under it then save it as a jpeg. That doesn't make it true.

The only dictionary with any actual merit is Oxford. Show me this in Oxford and I'll give a shit.
From the Oxford dictionary

Definition of literally in English
literally
Pronunciation: /ˈlɪt(ərəli/
Translate literally | into French | into German | into Italian | into Spanish
adverb
in a literal manner or sense; exactly:
the driver took it literally when asked to go straight over the roundabout
tiramisu, literally translated ‘pull-me-up’
 informal used for emphasis while not being literally true:
I have received literally thousands of letters

In its standard use literally means ‘in a literal sense, as opposed to a non-literal or exaggerated sense’, as for example in I told him I never wanted to see him again, but I didn’t expect him to take it literally. In recent years an extended use of literally (and also literal) has become very common, where literally (or literal) is used deliberately in non-literal contexts, for added effect, as in they bought the car and literally ran it into the ground. This use can lead to unintentional humorous effects (we were literally killing ourselves laughing) and is not acceptable in formal contexts, though it is widespread.
Page 1 of 2