I want to install some Dimarzios that are passive in the guitar. A liquifire for the neck, and a crunchlab for the bridge. It has a fixed bridge, and has 7 strings. Will these dimarzios work out?
what do you mean by "work out"?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Agile comes with Cepheus actives, right? if that's the case, then the dimarzios are too small for the rout and you'd need some conversion pickup rings to make the DiMarzios work. You could get an EMG style empty pickup housing to put your pickups inside of, but IIRC that requires things like cutting off the tabs on the sides.

Unfortunately, DiMarzio don't do active-sized passives at the moment, which seems to be what you want.
seymour duncans? I think Agile released a model with these pickups. Thanks for the help though guys, I really wanted these dimarzios but I don't have the guts to do damage to EMG pickup housings.

Any word on the Seymour Duncans? Has anyone had experience with these?
also was considering 707TW for the Agile as well
Last edited by blancoisgod at Jul 30, 2013,
Do you mean a Septor 725? Not 525?

I have a 727, those Cepheus pickups sound like ass. I just threw some 81-7s in it and it sounds a hundred times better. Really wanted to try out the Nazgul & Sentient, but I got the 81-7s, with all the electronics, for cheaper than one of the Duncans would of been used
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I just didn't like the 707's. I knew I wouldn't, but they didn't offer the guitar with passives.

Had the 81/85 set in my washburn 6 string and hated them.

At first I didn't think the 707's were that bad, but the more I played it, the more they bothered me. I did the 18 volt mod and still didn't like them.

I think the Nazgul/Sentient set sounds much better than the actives, but this of course is my personal opinion. I'm just not an active pup guy I guess.

I really wanted madhouse pickups, but Rayne is having a problem finding the active soapbar covers.
My mistake, I put 81-7s in mine. But I agree, I generally dislike active pickups (especially EMGs), I just didn't want to drop $200+ on pickups for a guitar that's only worth double that.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com