Hello!

I never had any problems with my Schecter Damien 6 guitar. It's a bit more than a year old I think. Lately I am noticing that sometimes, when I switch from either the neck or the middle position pickup to the bridge pickup, instead of the usual distortion there will sometimes be a "muffled", clean-ish "low volume" sound, which goes away (and the distortion comes back) after I switch back and forth between the pickups for some seconds. The same thing happens sometimes as well when I go from the bridge/middle position to the neck pickup.

What is exactly the problem here, does anyone know? Anyone had similar issues?

Come to think of it, I think I had this problem on my Gibson Flying V too sometimes before, within the past 6 months probably. The V's around 3 years old.

Thanks!
Last edited by zuhairreza at Jul 30, 2013,
There's some loose connections on the pickup switch by the sounds of it. Open her up and look for some wires that are barely attached. Actually, it might just need cleaning. Yeah try some contact cleaner FIRST. Then do the other thing if cleaning doesn't help
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
^ This.

I had a similar problem with my Epiphone. The pickup switch had some loose connections. Easy to fix.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
You say 'open it up' but how do you do this?

I have the same problem. It's on an epiphone dot. How do I go about opening it up? i can't find anything on google
Quote by Cammy Hendrix
You say 'open it up' but how do you do this?

I have the same problem. It's on an epiphone dot. How do I go about opening it up? i can't find anything on google

This thread is 2 years old. Make your own thread if you have a question to ask.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
you should open a new thread, but you are already here. get some contact cleaner (deoxit) and clean out the switch. it happens from time to time on guitars. its happened on two of my gibsons and a wolfgang. takes two minutes.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/