http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N49j8PjmY9A

Kind of inspired by this video. We've had similar threads to this one, so i'm not going to ask what you would tell your younger self if you travelled back in time.

My question is, if you did give your younger self advice from things you have learned, provided you get to observe how they act in order to see yourself from an outsiders perspective, do you think they would actually listen to you? How different do you think your life will have turned out?

I don't know if i would have listened or not. After hearing advice from my 23 year old self, 13 or 14 year old me would have probably taken more risks, learned things a lot quicker, not sure if i would have gone to the same university or met half the people i know now, but i reckon it wouldn't be tremendously different.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Jul 30, 2013,
I remember watching this guy's videos.
Always felt down afterwards.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Wasn't there a thread like this a few weeks ago?

Anyway, I don't regret anything I did when I was young. Maybe stop showing how horny you are in public.
Quote by LostLegion

Anyway, I don't regret anything I did when I was young. Maybe stop showing how horny you are in public.

yes, yes there was.
Quote by blake1221
I would have slapped younger me for being a little shit.

This.

Younger me wouldn't listen unless I got all specific and laid out instructions for him. :/
Quote by LostLegion

Yeah, but like i said, this is more of a question of how would a younger you react upon an older you giving advice.

Maybe to make it more interesting, if a friend of yours travelled back in time and gave the younger you some advice, what would the reaction be then? Provided they have some kind of proof that they are actually a friend that was sent back in time, and not just a nutcase.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Jul 30, 2013,
Quote by blake1221
I would have slapped younger me for being a little shit.

ya this

hell i need someone to slap me now

I'd tell my younger self that I'm smarter than I think I am.

Then I'd come back unmarried, unsuccessful and arrogant.

I'm where I am because of what I was. I'm happy now so my past is the best possible past I could have hoped for
Don't be a twat, it doesn't make you cool it makes you irritating.
Ask out the girl in 7th grade, and the one in 10th grade as soon as is tasteful.
Get a job.

Also, I love those videos so much.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
If I,sent myself back in time to warn my past self of my future self, my past self would not need my future self to be sent back and warn my younger self, so I would have never sent my future self back to my younger....

oh no I've just gone cross eyed
Last edited by AllJudasPriest at Jul 30, 2013,
Honestly, at this point in life, I wouldn't tell my younger self anything. A large part of the learning process (for me) that I went through to get to where I am right now had to do with the mistakes that I made, and my flaws, which I eventually overcame.

Still have a lot to do though.

Maybe I would tell myself to get my shit together sooner?
If I could go back to 10 year old me I probably wouldn't tell him anything either. Yeah, looking back some of the stuff between then and now was shitty but it is all part of who I now am... and I quite like who I now am. If I had spent time learning French for example in preparation for a job then I probably wouldn't have ever got the job etc.

That being said, if I had to tell him something it would be to give things a chance because even now I sometimes feel like it's too late to change my behaviour for fear of negative effects.
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Younger me would think current me is a total badass, to be honest. Younger me didn't think current me would make it as far as current me has.

Current me rocks
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
How do you know?

Because you posted a smiley of you smoking weed....obviously
Quote by Max-Roach
Because you posted a smiley of you smoking weed....obviously

10/10

would logic again
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by zincabopataurio
Honestly, at this point in life, I wouldn't tell my younger self anything. A large part of the learning process (for me) that I went through to get to where I am right now had to do with the mistakes that I made, and my flaws, which I eventually overcame.

Still have a lot to do though.

Maybe I would tell myself to get my shit together sooner?

this exactly
cat
I'd say 'lighten up little man'. Also to short-sell Facebook when it first hits the market.
Make more friends, talk to more people. You can never network enough.

Also don't be stupid and go through 4 and a half years of college at minimum. Take AP classes.
I would probably tell myself to take it easy on my dad and to not really care so much about my family. Hopefully I would listen and things would be better for me now.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
I remember thinking at that age that I would be totally receptive to the things older me would say. I think a lot of things could have turned out better.

Whatevs, though.
I'd advise my yonger self to talk continue to be sociable and not become quiet, because that probably has caused a lot of problems.
I have nothing important to say