Is that the right word I'm looking for? Microphonic? When I engage my fuzz pedal and I can all of a sudden hear the radio coming out of my speakers?

And what are some of my options?
This is a thing that happens sometimes. No big deal. I've got a fuzz pedal that picks up this one particular really annoying religious station.
move your amp.... It doesn't necessarely have anything to do with the quality of your gear.

plz give us the details of all your gear and a definition of where you play
Quote by iwannabesedated
This is a thing that happens sometimes. No big deal. I've got a fuzz pedal that picks up this one particular really annoying religious station.

WHY IS IT ALWAYS RELIGIOUS STATIONS?!?!?

I'm sick of hearing about mexican jesus!
Quote by flexiblemile
WHY IS IT ALWAYS RELIGIOUS STATIONS?!?!?

I'm sick of hearing about mexican jesus!

cuz that is what i on the AM radio
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by flexiblemile
move your amp.... It doesn't necessarely have anything to do with the quality of your gear.

plz give us the details of all your gear and a definition of where you play

Well woudnt the amp pick up the station all the time if it was the tubes or the amp itself? It only picks up the radio station when the fuzz pedal is turned on, hence why I think its the pedal.

I got a blues jr, wah, compression, fuzz, and loop in a "soundproof" rehearsal space. I was playing on a mexican strat. I finished the whole session with the blues jr cranked with the compression on and no microphonic sounds. I didnt test the fuzz mid session because in warm up it was microphonic so I didnt use it at all.
This happened with my first amp. It was an amp that came with a Walmart guitar. It just picked up this same creepy religious radio station. I never could fix it.
Last edited by jbob145 at Jul 30, 2013,
Quote by jbob145
This happened with my first amp. It was an amp that came with a Walmart guitar. It just picked up this same creepy religious radio station. I never could fix it.

It seems that religious-radio stations like to be found in the absolute weirdest places.

Seriously, though; you found them in your guitar amp? That has never happened to me.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
Its a voodoo lab super fuzz. I've got no problem opening it up and doing solder work! I just bought and set up a new work bench dedicated to soldering guitar electronics
Sounds like you are getting interference which is caused by a poorly grounded circuit.

Is your amp and pedal both plugged into a powerstrip and grounded?

My Whammy used to do this when i was using a powerstrip with the ground clipped off.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
^ That mainly.
Also make sure your patch cables are good.
If they are poorly shielded, they can become like radio antennas.
Check solder connections inside.
Its basically a Jordan Bosstone with tone controls.
http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=449&p=31583&hilit=voodoo+lab+super+fuzz#p31583
God is communicating to you through your gear. He wants you to eliminate the sinners of the world. Follow His word.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Kyleisthename
Sounds like you are getting interference which is caused by a poorly grounded circuit.

Is your amp and pedal both plugged into a powerstrip and grounded?

My Whammy used to do this when i was using a powerstrip with the ground clipped off.

The amp is going into the wall and has a grounded plug, the pedals are plugged into a power strip with a grounded plug as well.

Quote by CodeMonk
^ That mainly.
Also make sure your patch cables are good.
If they are poorly shielded, they can become like radio antennas.
Check solder connections inside.
Its basically a Jordan Bosstone with tone controls.
http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=449&p=31583&hilit=voodoo+lab+super+fuzz#p31583

If its the patch cables woudnt they be microphonic all the time? But I will check them! Maybe the ground solder is coming loose in the pedal and I will open it up and see whats going on.
Everything in the pedal looks good! The only thing that looks suspicious is the soldering for the toggle switch, its got some type of residue building up on the back side or its always had that there? Here's some pictures.

Is it safe to spray the solder side of the board down with DeOxIt? I figured I'd use that to clean the board

Quote by StylingPaT
The amp is going into the wall and has a grounded plug, the pedals are plugged into a power strip with a grounded plug as well.

If its the patch cables woudnt they be microphonic all the time? But I will check them! Maybe the ground solder is coming loose in the pedal and I will open it up and see whats going on.

High gain pedal tend to accentuate that behaviour.
What are you using to power your pedals?
And is this a new behaviour or has it always done this?

The stuff on the back side is just flux. Nothing to worry about.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
what is an god.

Lemmy, Lemmy is God.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by NakedInTheRain
what is an god.

+1
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by CodeMonk
High gain pedal tend to accentuate that behaviour.
What are you using to power your pedals?
And is this a new behaviour or has it always done this?

The stuff on the back side is just flux. Nothing to worry about.

I'm using the same power adapters I've always used. Boss DC adapters I believe.

This is a brand new behavior that just happened last session. I'll deoxit the board and input jacks and output and mess with the pedal a little bit when I play again
I also ran into this same problem when I crossed mains with my equipment.
Another time when there were way to many things plugged into one outlet.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Were you plugged into a power strip then into an outlet? I've got three things on one strip going into an outlet and thats it