Hey guys,

I bought this guitar about 6 years ago from a pawn shop for 90 bucks. Since then iv upgraded to duncan blackouts, and grover tuning heads. I don't plan on selling it ever cause it my first axe. What the hell brand is this thing? All i know is that its made in china and assume that its not worth very much.

Please help!
Attachments:
guitar2.JPG
guitar1.JPG
brian moore maybe:

maybe modulus:

motor ave:

mac smith:

gibson maestro

unlikely but just for kicks, mayones:

as it turns out mayonnaise is actual an instrument.
Last edited by ehbacon at Jul 31, 2013,
I dunno boys? I was told that it was once a "Tom lee music" house brand guitar. Whatever that means ? I doubt it's a Gibson this thing sounded like puke I first got it. Lol
Quote by Liquidstone
I dunno boys? I was told that it was once a "Tom lee music" house brand guitar. Whatever that means ? I doubt it's a Gibson this thing sounded like puke I first got it. Lol

The "Gibson"Maestro is a toy. I'd bet that's what it is and someone just swapped the pups. Hope you didn't pay for it if that's the case.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by Liquidstone

well, that looks like a much better lead than anything we have offered. why didn't you mention that to begin with?

Tom Lee music looks like a chain of mid-range guitar shops located in canada

http://www.tomleemusic.ca/main/home.cfm?id=48

if that guitar is Tom Lee's store brand, then that explains it's origin. many larger guitar shops will contract with overseas companies to produce 'store brands' that they sell as intro guitars. during the 70's it was very popular to have japanese makers provide rebranded guitars for in-house sale, today store brands are usually from china.

generally quality varies from factory to factory and from guitar to guitar, consistency of quality is a big issue with these kinda guitars. factories that do provide consistently good quality can eventually become sought after (think 80's jap squiers). but in general these factories rebrand many guitars for many different manufacturers, so finding what brand it is isn't really as important as finding what factory it is made at.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Thanks for the history I will contact them and see if they could chime in. I basiclly would like to know the guitars specs. Type if wood in the body, fretboard, neck.
It is a Music Research Works. MRW the one I have is an sg and the headstock shape is identical mine says MRW instead of just the M like yours the font on the M is identical. MRW is a tom lee house brand and a vancouver based company an offshoot of a lower end audio electronics firm... Where the guitars were made is anyone's guess. I know this is years after the post but I thought I'd shed some light on what I've learnt trying to find out more about my guitar. If you have any clues as to the factory would be appreciated.
Thank you fo being helpful, but in doing so, you revived a thread 4 years dead...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!