Poll: Sleepover poll thingy!
Poll Options
View poll results: Sleepover poll thingy!
I'm OK with my child spending the night with someone of the opposite gender
17 22%
I'm not OK with my child spending the night with someone of the opposite gender
13 17%
It depends on...
18 23%
I would sleepover at someone of the opposite gender's house
25 32%
I would not sleepover at someone of the opposite gender's house
0 0%
Sleepovers are stupid and TS should feel stupid
5 6%
Voters: 78.
Page 1 of 2
To those of you old enough to have kids and those of you who do have kids, would it be acceptable for your son to sleepover at a girls house, or have your daughter stay the night at a boy's house? Assume your kids are between 13 and 16 and they'd be staying at the house of someone who is a similar age.

To those of you who aren't as old, do your parents care if you're spending the night at the house of someone who isn't the same gender you are?

To those of you who think sleepovers are stupid, you don't know what you're missing.

EDIT: If you're at some awkward middle age between the two ideas I suggested, choose whichever you feel applies more to you and roll with it.
Last edited by Vermillionpart2 at Jul 31, 2013,
I was never allowed to stay over girl/girlfriends places when I was 13-16 unless there were a bunch more people, and if they're staying over before 13 that it would all probably be innocent.

I'm 18 now and I don't think my parents really care anymore.
I don't think I can really put myself in the situation, but my first impulse is to say no.

But then again, what could kids do at a sleepover that they couldn't do alone during the day?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I would sleepover at someone of the opposite gender's house.

awww yeaaah getting sum lets get eet on etc
banned
Well, let me tell you this TS, I wasn't allowed to sleep over at my girlfriend's house when we were 14, but we were still having sex.

If they want to do it, they're going to do it, and they don't need a sleep over situation to do it. There's no preventing your child from having sex when they're ready for it. I also don't think it's very healthy.

So, you could let them spend the night, hopefully they have safe sex with a condom in a comfortable bed with blankets in pillows. Or you could say no and they might go have sex in a public park behind some bushes, maybe without a condom since there's no nightstand there. Or maybe they wont have sex at all because they're not ready and thus there's no point in worrying about a sleepover.

If anything when it comes to sleepovers I'd be more worried about alcohol or drug consumption. And they can do that even at sleepovers without members of the opposite sex.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Sleepovers are lame

Why would I go to another person's house to do what I can do at my own house

And it's probably more comfortable to do it at my own house too
ggg1 ggg3

I would never let my daughter to a sleepover.

Sleepovers are the devil!
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with a boy or girl, who happens to be good friends with someone of the opposite gender, wanting to spend time with them, and so I think I would let my kid sleep over as long as they promise to not get knocked up (maybe my opinion will change when I do finally have kids of my own, who knows).
Quote by Vermillionpart2
(maybe my opinion will change when I do finally have kids of my own, who knows).

Oh they will. Deffo if you have a daughter
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by slash_GNR666
Oh they will. Deffo if you have a daughter

That won't be for years to come though, so for now, I'm going to say that I should be allowed to stay with my friends without everyone's parents thinking the first thing we do when alone is have lots of unprotected sex.
I'm 16 but last year I slept in the same bed with a girl the same age, it was 6 in the morning and her mum wasn't gonna make me go all the way home after I walked her home from a house party in the rain, the mate was a lesbian anyway so it's not like anything was gonna happen
When I was a teenager, I was super honest with my parents about that kind of stuff. There was a few times where I was totally like "hey mom, can I stay the night over at this house with nobody but these two girls and I?" I think it was a combination of trust and not really giving a crap that led to her saying yes.

I don't think I'd mind my kids having sleepovers with other kids of a different gender as long as I'd met the kids before. I'd try to teach my kids about being responsible and not getting pregnant or getting other people pregnant for whenever they do inevitably have sex. Though I'm not a parent so my opinion doesn't have much bearing.

Basically, if they want to do it, they're going to anyway.
If no one's getting boned, what's the point?
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
To those of you saying you would not allow someone to sleepover, is it because you believe they will have sex, or something else?

@jjfeu662: maybe they just want to hang out and do shit at like 4am like Monopoly or Risk
when i was 16/17 my gf would just come over on the weekend around 6 pm and we'd chill til my parents were sleeping then she just stayed the night. i dont know if it counts as a sleep over because we'd sleep in the same bed
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
Just last Friday I had the opportunity to stayover at a female friend's house, but I didn't, not because it'd be weird or anything, but because I didn't like the idea of staying over and invading the sanctity of somebody's home.

There ended up people of both genders staying over, but I guess we're talking about 1-on-1 situations.
I would let my son do it, but I wouldn't let my daughter do it unless there was other people.

I've done it plenty of times though
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by triface
Just last Friday I had the opportunity to stayover at a female friend's house, but I didn't, not because it'd be weird or anything, but because I didn't like the idea of staying over and invading the sanctity of somebody's home.

There ended up people of both genders staying over, but I guess we're talking about 1-on-1 situations.

That's not the correct way to proceed, you should have invaded your female friend's sanctity with your d.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I would let my son do it, but I wouldn't let my daughter do it unless there was other people.

I've done it plenty of times though

Why does it feel like you're those dads who'd go, "Atta boy!" when his son wants to sleepover?
my parents have always given me the independence such that i could manage to do anything even if they told me not to. they had no grounds to enforce the rules, they simply trusted that i'd be wise in deciding when to break them. i plan to do the same with my kids but i recognize that the effectness of that strategy may vary in whatever environment i raise them.
My impulse now is to say 'Sure, why not? He/She's going to end up having sex eventually anyway', but I feel that as I'm not a parent my answer is probably not accurate.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
nah, my parents never cared. Though it's not like I ever plan a "sleepover". I'd just show up somewhere and agree to crash there for the night (or weekend, or week).

Though for me & co. 'sleepovers' were always about what we're doing the next day.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jul 31, 2013,
Quote by Eastwinn
my parents have always given me the independence such that i could manage to do anything even if they told me not to. they had no grounds to enforce the rules, they simply trusted that i'd be wise in deciding when to break them. i plan to do the same with my kids but i recognize that the effectness of that strategy may vary in whatever environment i raise them.

Purty much this.
ayy lmao
Well I'm not old enough to have a teenager, but when I stayed at a 16 year old girls house, I was banging her.

Actually that'd likely be true today if I was 2-3 years younger.

If you don't care if he thinks you're a **** block and/or you care about him sleeping with her, than don't let him
Last edited by stratkat at Jul 31, 2013,
If it was one on one, probably not. My parents let me stay over with girls but it was always a group.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by The Madcap
This is one of those questis that I feel is really hard to accurately answer unless I'm actually a parent.

This. I want to say if I ever had kids I'd actually be a decent parent and not have them be cunts. And that I could legitimately trust them and know they wouldn't do anything and if they did they would tell me (I expect to be a more open parent that lets their kids invite their friends over and smoke/have a few beers and because of so they wouldn't feel like need to rebel behind my back and shit). But I really have no idea. And I would be the biggest hypocrite if I ever had a child so thankfully I'll never be in this situation.
Quote by captainsnazz
If it was my son, then yeah do whatever. If it was my daughter, then it depends on the lad. I'd have to meet him.

My parents pretty much let me do what I want when I was a kid.

Do you think a daughter wouldn't instigate it?

My mom let my girlfriend stay a weekend recently but we're both over 18.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
At that age, probably not.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I don't have kids, and I'm too old for my parents to care what I do.

I wouldn't have a problem with it, and my parents never had a problem with it.
If a guy gets invited to a sleepover, there's a 90% chance the girls think know he's gay
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by captainsnazz
No, I'd just be more protective of a daughter I guess.

Fair enough. My friend had a daughter and suddenly he's turning into overprotective dad. It's funny to watch but a little weird at the same time.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Is it the same if I sleep in their house but they don't know it?
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
That just sounds like sexy time but it woudl depend on the group of kids and my relationship and what I know about my own child... But generally no.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Page 1 of 2