ever regret selling a guitar? I have a meeting set up with a guy this sunday to sell one of my guitars. I have quite a few guitars and buy and sell often but there are a few that always make the cut and stay with me. This one i am selling on sunday is one of those that has been around for a while. I am starting to have regrets before i even sell it. Should i ignore the devil on my shoulder and sell it or should i listen to the angel and keep it?
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
If it's a guitar that has great sentimental value to you still, then maybe you should still hold onto it. Especially if you don't need the money.

For example, I don't think I'll ever be able to sell my red Tele. I got it for a bargain and already put a few miles into it. It's gorgeous and sounds fantastic.
Keep it, unless you simply must have the money. I don't think I have ever heard of anyone regretting NOT selling a guitar, but waaaaay too many for the opposite situation.
There isn't a single guitar I regretted getting rid of, to be honest.

The closest thing might have been my Les Paul which was my main guitar for the better part of four years or so.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^^ agreed. plus, if you decide to keep it, you can always change your mind.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
To follow up in typical Craigslist fashion the guy said he can't this week but would contact me later next week and that pretty much sealed the deal that the Gretsch stays. Don't need the money and i like the guitar so the hell with it.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Pretty much no.

I kind of wish I still had my Dean Vendetta though. It was the worst guitar I have ever owned, but it was made out of something called Paulowina, and it had a unique, sort of airy tone that I miss sometimes.

Quote by zenbone
To follow up in typical Craigslist fashion the guy said he can't this week but would contact me later next week and that pretty much sealed the deal that the Gretsch stays. Don't need the money and i like the guitar so the hell with it.

The curse has breached the WTLT containment.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I have regretted selling the only guitar I ever sold, it was an limited edition Epiphone Les Paul model that I purchased solely as an investment. I had some extra cash lying around so I tied it up in a guitar instead of blowing it in a stupid fashion like I am known for. I knew that in less then a year I was going to be replacing it with a real Gibson, so I bought the guitar knowing it had a one year return period. I took the guitar back in less then a year when I went to buy my Les Paul and got a full refund minus I think $150 for the 9 or 10 months I essentially rented the guitar for. I got more money on the return then I could have selling the guitar as a used item it worked out perfectly, plus it was an instant $500 down on my Gibson Traditional that replaced it. The shop ended up putting a $440 price tag on that Epiphone and it sold in less then a week, essentially they lost $60 on it but still made a sale on a Gibson Traditional, win win for everyone!
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by Offworld92

The curse has breached the WTLT containment.

lol
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?