Page 1 of 2
Whats your stance on it and why? I'm pro-choice, if it's not your body, it's not your call.
You could at least have a relevant news story in OP as a ruse for an obvious abortion thread.

But basically the UK has pretty banging abortion laws and everyone else should follow suit.
Boycott this abortion thread by posting Bort.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Slayer35
if it's not your body, it's not your call.

Yeaaaah but that exact line could be used for those against abortion, you realise. The main point of people against abortion is that it's about the foetus (or unborn child, if you wish to phrase it that way), not the mother.

Calling it pro-choice and saying it's the mother's body is neither here nor there for people whose concern is the foetus.
Doesn't this all come down to when you think life begins which is totally subjective and therefore unnecessary to talk about?
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Rawshik
Doesn't this all come down to when you think life begins which is totally subjective and therefore unnecessary to talk about?

It's not all that subjective.

Sentient life is built on consciousness. Consciousness of a fetus only begins when the brain is developed, around 24 weeks in to a pregnancy. In the UK this is where the limit on abortions is placed and I think they got it spot on.
These are done already, and it always gets really argumentative.

My 2 cents:
Every year almost 70x more people in the US are killed by being aborted then there are killed by violent crimes, and it's sold off as "Women's Rights". Yea, ok.
Last edited by macashmack at Jul 31, 2013,
Quote by macashmack

My 2 cents:
Every year almost 70x more people in the US are killed by being aborted then there are killed by violent crimes, and it's sold off as "Women's Rights". Yea, ok.

Foetuses are people. Yea, ok.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by damian_91
Foetuses are people. Yea, ok.

Whatever helps you sleep at night my dude.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
"Have you noticed that most of the women who are against abortion are women you wouldn't want to fuck in the first place"

- George Carlin
Quote by jugglingfreak
"Have you noticed that most of the women who are against abortion are women you wouldn't want to fuck in the first place"

- George Carlin

Yeah George Carlin was a proper dozy cunt wasn't he?
Quote by macashmack
Yea, ok.

I'm glad we're in agreement
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by CoreysMonster
Oh lord, why.

We've already got like a bajillion threads on this, go bump one of those.

Pretty sure all of those are locked because the Pit can't have nice discussions.

Quote by CoreysMonster
go banana!

Make way for grapefruit.

To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
I can understand why its needed for early term stuff, but why do women have to wait til the 25'th week anyways? If you want an abortion, get it early on, and it won't be a problem. To me, it's total bullshit when a woman claims it's "her body" at 20+ weeks. Take responsibility for your actions.
to here knows when
I have a few abortion opinions, let me share.
Humans do not gain consciousness till about 25 weeks of age, until then they are mostly animistic in the sense that they are a system responding to its environment, 0% consciously aware. Sorry mothers but your baby cant actually love you till then.

I think about 75% of anti abortionists are people who couldnt bring themselves to do it, or regret it, and now take up the heavy opinion.

I think if you look at it from a logical point of view, if you cant raise a baby you cant raise a baby, in the animal world we let them die on their own, at least we save them some suffering. Kill them early and it wont be as bad.
I'm not against it, but it shouldn't be paid for by the government.
Quote by macashmack

My 2 cents:

Subtle.
Quote by shoegazer'
To me, it's total bullshit when a woman claims it's "her body" at 20+ weeks.

Actually, I think they'd be absolutely right.

Also, deciding "This baby won't be bought up in an environment to thrive because I don't have the resources to provide for it and therefore I choose to abort it", is taking responsibility for your actions...what are you on about?
I'm pro choice but I think abortion is a shitty thing to do regardless. And i'm against late term abortions.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by shoegazer'
I can understand why its needed for early term stuff, but why do women have to wait til the 25'th week anyways? If you want an abortion, get it early on, and it won't be a problem. To me, it's total bullshit when a woman claims it's "her body" at 20+ weeks. Take responsibility for your actions.

In all the instances of abortion with people I know the trouble is they don't actually want an abortion, what they really want is some magical solution so they can have a baby and raise it in a perfect, unrealistic environment, so they procrastinate about it in the vain hope that they can just have the baby and live happily ever after, but of course it doesn't and they then have to make the decision at late notice.
Quote by bradulator
I'm pro choice but I think abortion is a shitty thing to do regardless. And i'm against late term abortions.

Abortion is illegal after a certain date of being pregnant.
As far as i'm aware the reason abortions were legalized in the first place was because women were getting them anyway but they had to go to back street "doctors" or take the DIY approach and use a coathanger or a knitting needle. Obviously a lot of women died this way and the only way to stop that happening was to legalize it, this fact seems to make the pro life/choice argument pretty much irrelevant.

Also i'm sorry to tell you but this thread is deformed and badly brain damaged, it will have no quality of life and when people see it they'll just be thrown into an uncontrollable rage.
I think your best option is to abort it...I'm sorry man.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

Anyone who doesn't think abortion is acceptable is an arsehole with no exception.

These threads always descend into lunatics quoting the bible and posting photographs of entrails. I have called it.
Page 1 of 2