hey guys

Had another thread going, but decided to make a new one, as this deals with something else.

I have a Laney Cub 12, and knowing all the risks with playing with the internals, Im too scared to open it up.

with that said, id like to know if the amplifier has a ohm selector switch. there is nothing on the back of the amp, and the external cab output is rated for 8-16ohm. This means that it can handle 16 ohms but only externally. Is it possibly inside the enclosure?

Im looking to change my speaker and the only ones 2nd hand that i can find are 16 ohm, and im trying to find if i can pick one up

thanks for the help guys
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Quote by Distortion_101
I have a Laney Cub 12... id like to know if the amplifier has a ohm selector switch. there is nothing on the back of the amp, and the external cab output is rated for 8-16ohm. This means that it can handle 16 ohms but only externally. Is it possibly inside the enclosure?

Im looking to change my speaker and the only ones 2nd hand that i can find are 16 ohm, and im trying to find if i can pick one up

thanks for the help guys

there is no impedance selector switch on cub 12. the 'external' speaker out disengages/bypasses the native speaker and evidently is rated for either 8 or 16 ohm loads.

what this pretty much means is the output transformer (OT) on the cub 12 can handle either an 8 ohm load or a 16 ohm load. most likely the native speaker works off the same tap on the OT as the 'external speaker' out does, this would mean you can replace the native speaker with either a 16 ohm or 8 ohm speaker.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae