hey guys:
I work with reaper, I have a six string guitar, I'm not reallywilling to buy a seven string guitar, so is there a way to get the seventh string with VSTs?
maybe by pitch shifting, I tried the Reapitch, but I don't know the sound is not really right.
so is it possible?
Quote by MultiM
I tried the Reapitch, but I don't know the sound is not really right.

Using a pitch shifter works best if you put it before the amp or sim. If you're using amp/cab sims, you're in luck; you can use Reapitch on the raw DI signal, and then amp/cab it.
The main reason a thick string sounds like a thick string is well... because it's a thick string and there's just MORE metal there. You can get the pitch right, but it won't quite sound like a 7 string.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by synanddaath
Tune to B Standard (BEADF#B)

There it is, right in post one... well there you go.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Tune down and get bigger strings.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Guitar strings are cheap, get a set of 7 string strings and discard the top one? That's what we bassists do when we need a 5 string from a 4 string, I mean how often do you really use those top 5 frets of the top string?
strings are cheap? well not in syria, it used to be cheap before the crysis, our currency lost its value, for example.if I used to buy ernie ball strings for 12$, now they cost 40$.
Quote by MultiM
strings are cheap? well not in syria, it used to be cheap before the crysis, our currency lost its value, for example.if I used to buy ernie ball strings for 12$, now they cost 40$.

Quote by MultiM
it used to be cheap before the crysis

Quote by MultiM
the crysis

Quote by MultiM
crysis

Quote by MultiM
crysis

This makes me very angry.
Yeah, Crysis is a video game. Crisis is a word.

But if the new strings thing isn't an option then you'll have to go with the pre-amp sim pitch shift.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by Cavalcade
Using a pitch shifter works best if you put it before the amp or sim. If you're using amp/cab sims, you're in luck; you can use Reapitch on the raw DI signal, and then amp/cab it.

Reapitch has different algorithms. You should use elastique 2 pro (most pitches). It will preserve formants, keeping the guitar sounding like muddy garbage.

I also suggest Pitch Wheel which is the same thing, with lower latency.

If you're desperate for a 7 string sound though, I would just tune to B standard.

Luckily this is one of the reasons I got a Variax, so I can tune to stuff like this without having multiple guitars.
Quote by MultiM
oh I forgot, the reapitch has latency problem, any alternative

Quote by Clay-man
Reapitch has different algorithms. You should use elastique 2 pro (most pitches). It will preserve formants, keeping the guitar sounding like muddy garbage.

I also suggest Pitch Wheel which is the same thing, with lower latency.

If you're desperate for a 7 string sound though, I would just tune to B standard.

Luckily this is one of the reasons I got a Variax, so I can tune to stuff like this without having multiple guitars.

yup

Quote by DisarmGoliath