Page 1 of 2
From World of warcraft, i had been playing for awhile since post vanilla

i had a hunter all decked out in Pvp gear

it was nice but, the 200$ i got for my account was also a pretty nice parting gift =D

anyone else WOW alumni?
I'm six years clean. I stopped playing in 2007, which was I believe when Burning Crusade was hot, but before Lich King. I had a level 70 tauren hunter, mid-60 human paladin, and a level 19 or 29 gnome rogue that I just used for PvP battles. The game was fun, but eventually it just got old for me I guess.
yea it does feel strange, cant just jump on and Q up anymore.

but oh well more time to be on here ha!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
So, you sold your account? That's shitty of you...

dont judge me!!!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Eh, whatever...

besides it was the last day of my account time it was gone anyways!
Quote by soundgarden1986
how

It's facilitating cheating.

@TS:
Better hope you have good anti-virus software, btw. Because otherwise, you may end losing more than just your account. Some of the people who buy up WoW (or other gaming) accounts also have programs/know-how that allow them to figure out your credit card info or bank account info. Wasn't really very smart of you.
Quote by Sikkii
dont judge me!!!

This just got awkward
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
You fool hardy noobs... I'm still going strong 11 years with Warcraft III & The frozen throne. I had some dark times when WoW eventually came out and poisoned the lore and amazingness that was Blizzard.

But I held strong and kicked ass in Wintermaul Wars.
If I played WoW, with how addicted I get to single-player games, I'd somehow be even poorer than I am already.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

@TS:
Better hope you have good anti-virus software, btw. Because otherwise, you may end losing more than just your account. Some of the people who buy up WoW (or other gaming) accounts also have programs/know-how that allow them to figure out your credit card info or bank account info. Wasn't really very smart of you.

Do tell.
Only $200? Really? When I quit I could have sold my account for $500 minimum. I didn't though because of the emotional attachment. Too bad I'll never play it again.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
I Have Never Played Video Games Or Have A Cell Phone .i Use All My Money On Guitar Stuff
Quote by INSULIN
I Have Never Played Video Games Or Have A Cell Phone .i Use All My Money On Guitar Stuff

Caps fail
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by INSULIN

haven't you heard? guitar isn't cool anymore
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Not only that, it's an easy way to scam somebody. At least it was a couple of years ago. A guy I knew would sell his characters or profiles or whatever over eBay, contact Blizzard support saying his password got hacked, got the password reset and left off with the money AND the account, to resell again.

I have no idea how that was possible, but I know he did it at least four or five times and made about 500€ with it.

I have never played WOW so I have no idea. MMORPGs are stupid.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 1, 2013,
It's easy enough to do if you're a good liar and have patience, Corey. The WoW account recovery process people are trained to follow several procedures before granting account access back to the "owner". All the guy had to do was know a few minor details about the people he scammed. Birthdate, mother's maiden name, previous passwords, etc. ...all of which could probably be found if you have the scammed person's email address and several intelligent programs.
200 bucks? lol when i was in high school i played a shittier game and made 3 grand off my account/items
From what I understood he sold access to the account, and told Blizzard it was stolen, got his own details reset, without having to even bother with getting the other guy's information. I highly doubt he was smart enough to do all the information gathering you're talking about.

Or was it character? I think he sold characters. Like I said, I have no idea how WOW or sales work. I just know he very easily scammed people.
Recently went back like I do at least once a year. Vanilla will always be the best but I quite like MoP over the previous 3 expansions.
I downloaded the free trial for WoW once but ever since I refused to even load that up. I'm very much the person to get addicted to a game for a long time and as WoW is essentially never-ending, I know it'd consume my life.

It's like heroin. You know it's bad, so why do it in the first place?
Quote by INSULIN

Truly the stuff of legend.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
So, you sold your account? That's shitty of you...

How is that shitty? If someone is dumb enough to pay, let them.
Quote by blake1221

Thankyou.
Quote by CoreysMonster
From what I understood he sold access to the account, and told Blizzard it was stolen, got his own details reset, without having to even bother with getting the other guy's information. I highly doubt he was smart enough to do all the information gathering you're talking about.

Or was it character? I think he sold characters. Like I said, I have no idea how WOW or sales work. I just know he very easily scammed people.

It would have had to been account access. Characters are attached directly to accounts and, iirc, can't be moved to another account (without merging accounts completely, that is). But I can imagine how easy it would be to do that. Blizzard doesn't really do a ton of verification. You just submit a ticket, tell them what gear you had on what characters, wait about a day to receive account access back, and maybe a week to receive your gear back.

Quote by blake1221
Yes, after all, why would tons of online gamers (and ex-online gamers like myself) think it's cheating for someone to buy an account, rather than spend time leveling up a character properly and such? Why would they resent someone selling an account and facilitating buying of an account? You don't understand online gaming culture very well, do you, Blake?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 1, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
It would have had to been account access. Characters are attached directly to accounts and, iirc, can't be moved to another account (without merging accounts completely, that is). But I can imagine how easy it would be to do that. Blizzard doesn't really do a ton of verification. You just submit a ticket, tell them what gear you had on what characters, wait about a day to receive account access back, and maybe a week to receive your gear back.

Yes, after all, why would tons of online games think it's cheating for someone to buy an account, rather than spend time leveling up a character properly and such? Why would they resent that at all? You don't understand online gaming culture very well, do you, Blake?

That isn't cheating. Quit trying to impose your moral bullshit on everything. It isn't cheating, it's just lame.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
That isn't cheating. Quit trying to impose your moral bullshit on everything. It isn't cheating, it's just lame.

Yes, it is. Furthermore, it's against the ToS of every MMORPG. So, even if you don't consider it cheating, the companies who make and maintain the games clearly do.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Yes, it is. Furthermore, it's against the ToS of every MMORPG. So, even if you don't consider it cheating, the companies who make and maintain the games clearly do.

Every MMO?

If that's true then I stand corrected. I've heard and seen it happening for years and never once heard of it being against any rule. I only played vanilla WoW and quit pretty quickly.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Every MMO?

If that's true then I stand corrected. I've heard and seen it happening for years and never once heard of it being against any rule. I only played vanilla WoW and quit pretty quickly.

Read through the ToS of MMOs. 99% of them will have a clause stating that they basically own your account and that you cannot sell it, lease it, pay someone to autolevel it for you, etc. The exact specifics vary, but the gist is that they own the accounts, and you can't sell them.

Basically, when you pay $15/month (or whatever), you're renting an account from Blizzard/whatever company. I'm not 100% sure how it works for free MMOs, but I'm fairly certain you can get IP banned from free MMOs if someone proves you sold an account. I've never played an MMO that didn't have a "we own your account" clause.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 1, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You don't understand online gaming culture very well, do you, Blake?

I have an active social life, so no, I do not.

Pretty stoked on that fact.
Congrats on quitting, I've been clean of WoW for almost 4 years. Damn it feels good to be rid of it although I sometimes miss being wiped in Icecrown and everyone blaming somebody on vent for the wipe. Shit was hilarious.

Pit of Saron is my all time favorite dungeon to this day
Quote by naedauuf
Shit working 24 hours a week at $12 an hour makes me rich?

BOW BEFORE ME PEASANTS.
Quote by blake1221

Lol @ people using a "social life" as a reason to not like video games
Last edited by Ssargentslayer at Aug 1, 2013,
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Lol @ people using a "social life" as a reason to not like video games

I adore The Last of Us and Legend of Zelda games. I enjoy video games, don't be silly.
Quote by blake1221

>Implying being a gamer means you have no social life

Oh, ok...
Page 1 of 2