i have a cheap behringer stratocaster. and i think it's broken. it hasn't been used for years and when i tried to use it, there is no sound. so i tried cleaning it's inside and it worked. but after a while. the volume knob needs to be in a specific place and even the slightest touch could mess it up. which makes it produce no sound again. do you think contact cleaners like wd-40 would fix it? any tips?
I think you need to replace the volume control pot. Or alternatively the entire guitar.

Electronics aren't like engines and mechanics, you can't just spray on a dab of WD-40, kick it and hope for the best. If it's broke, it's broke.
Try an electronic contact cleaner on the pots, and if that doesn't work, replace the pot. If you lived by me I'd give you one, I have a thousand of them
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
yeah. if the cleaner doesn't work, i won't bother fixing it. i'm too lazy. lol. i'll just stick with my les paul and get a new guitar maybe. i'm thinking about dean ml x or an sx pirate. the sx pirate looks sexy.
As said, the pot is broken. A local guitar shop will fix it for pretty cheap (hopefully). Phone them and ask what they'll charge to replace a volume pot. I'd do it for $10, some places will charge you $50.

A Behringer was my first guitar, and I thoroughly suggest you buy another guitar, as I laugh at how bad mine used to be.

A $100 second hand guitar will make that guitar look like poop. So if they're gunna charge $50, I vote a second hand guitar.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
i've actually asked a guitar shop before and they told me they'd do it for php.700 (philippine pesos) which is 16 usd according to google.
Quote by ughpaolo
i've actually asked a guitar shop before and they told me they'd do it for php.700 (philippine pesos) which is 16 usd according to google.

Well that would at least be cheaper than parts and tools to do it yourself. If you wanna keep ti go for it, but like I and Mind Reader have said, if you have the money just get a whole new guitar.
yeah. i've already got in contact with someone who owns a sx pirate. gonna get it for a about $100. ♥
Quote by ughpaolo
Lucky for living in the Philippines. Labour there is so cheap. Australia is ridiculous. Hopefully you can afford it, because I know income is steep over there
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
Quote by ughpaolo
yeah. i've already got in contact with someone who owns a sx pirate. gonna get it for a about $100. ♥
Ask to play it before you buy it, because the SX's can be really good value, or poor value. Apparently the quality is inconsistent.
- Devin Townsend