Hey everyone,
I currently play an Ibanez RG Prestige (far away from a Tele I know) and I absolutely love it.
But the best guitars I've ever played that felt the best to me was a Fender Telecaster. My guitar teacher has the American Deluxe and I love it. So I've got some money and I'm looking for a new non-trem guitar.
I want to get the pearl white American Deluxe Telecaster, but my real question is, how versatile is a Tele?
I mainly play rock, metal, (abit of Djent) and Pop-punk.
I was thinking about the Jim Root Tele as I think EMG's might be better so I might go try one out. (Store near me has some but they don't sell the American Deluxe).

Opinions?
Considering you already have an RG, an American Deluxe Tele should be able to cover what that can't. What pickup arrangement is your RG?

If the Jim Root Tele compares to the American Deluxe your teacher has in your opinion, you could also buy a 72 Deluxe Tele and install an EMG 57/66 set or the James Hetfield set.
Quote by DeanoM50810
If the Jim Root Tele compares to the American Deluxe your teacher has in your opinion, you could also buy a 72 Deluxe Tele and install an EMG 57/66 set or the James Hetfield set.

Remember though that the Fender Wide-Range aren't standard sized pickups and switching them out takes a little extra work.
Quote by johnnykbop
Remember though that the Fender Wide-Range aren't standard sized pickups and switching them out takes a little extra work.

Oh, my bad. I always presumed that they were standard size. The Telecaster Custom seems to be the only quality Telecaster with two standard size humbuckers, if those interest you.

Also worth checking out is the Chapman ML3 if you're living in Europe, it's available on Andertons.
Considering you already have an RG, an American Deluxe Tele should be able to cover what that can't. What pickup arrangement is your RG?

It's a Dimarzio HSH config.
Bridge - tone zone
Middle - true velvet
Neck - air norton
I got a nashville tele a few years back that has the 3 pickups to give a little bit more versatility. I bought an RG a year later and those two together complement each other perfectly. The tele really shines in reggae, country and imo is good for punk. Theres more clarity in notes than RG and not nearly has "hot". In the end it all has to do with pickups, as I've seen tele's used in metal.
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by DeanoM50810

It's a Dimarzio HSH config.
Bridge - tone zone
Middle - true velvet
Neck - air norton

Yeah, the Deluxe would complement it perfectly then. The 72 Deluxe is still worth checking out though, I have the Enforcer wide-range humbuckers in my Mustang (quite ironic that I didn't know they weren't normal-sized pickups) and they're pretty sweet, versatile too.
if you're getting one with humbuckers it'll be as versatile as any other solidbody guitar with the same humbuckers and the same wiring.

basically at that point it's a super-tele, and as close to a stock vintage spec tele as a superstrat is to a strat.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DeanoM50810
lso worth checking out is the Chapman ML3 if you're living in Europe, it's available on Andertons.

^Truth!

also, having said that, I use a stock, two single coil 1969 Telecaster for most of my metal tones in the studio, but don't tour or gig with it, and use a modified strat live. over all, I can pretty much do everything I want with that tele. 1 meg pots. A lot of people knock that tele wiring as it tends to be shrill. Use your volume and tone controls, tame the ice pick to the brain sharpness and it's perfect.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Last edited by kurt_cobain9 at Aug 1, 2013,
Today was my NGD!
I went to try the Jim Root Telecaster and I liked it so much (More than the American Deluxe believe it or not) so I bought it there and then
I love it so much
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dillon.pudge
Today was my NGD!
I went to try the Jim Root Telecaster and I liked it so much (More than the American Deluxe believe it or not) so I bought it there and then
I love it so much

Happy New Guitar Day, glad you're happy with it
Quote by dillon.pudge
Today was my NGD!
I love it so much

Don't forget to take pix and post a thread with a review so we can all be jealous!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Don't forget to take pix and post a thread with a review so we can all be jealous!

Might have to wait a while for that I'm afraid
It's been returned to Fender to get its frets levelled. Loads of high frets
Ill have it back or fender will send me a new one in 2 weeks
wow that sucks
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Telecaster = Versatility.

'Nuff said.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley