So got out my LP this morning, plugged in and no sound was coming out the amp. All volume knobs were up all the way and all the connections seemed tight. Swapped guitars, still nothing, tried another amp and nothing, I don't get anything when plugging into interface through an amp sim either. I assumed the cable must have gone, it's a Fender Custom Shop with life time warranty and it was working perfectly fine the other day and I haven't touched it since. Changed cable, another FCS that I used yesterday and there is still no sound!!!! I don't even get that loud buzz if I put my finger on the end of the cable.

What is going on here?!
Last edited by JordanC97 at Aug 1, 2013,
Quote by JordanC97
Changed cable, another FCS that I used yesterday

Are you saying this is a second cable that is not working as well? That would indicate the guitar has an issue.

If it's the cable, all you can do is take it back or remove the shrink wrap and open it up (voids warranty I would assume) to look for broken connections or a short.
Last edited by D_M_I at Aug 1, 2013,
Yeah I thought it might be the guitar but I tried it with 3 different guitars and all of them were the same.

I guess I'll just take it back, I'm nowhere near technically gifted enough to start taking apart!
Quote by CodeMonk
Input jack on amp may be bad.

He said he put it through an amp sim and still got nothing.

I assume its a cable problem too. Just keep getting replacements :P lifetime warrenty

Have you got another cable to try?
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
He tried with different guitars, different cables.
An Amp sim is not an amp, thats why its called an Amp Sim.
Try through another amp.
And yet another cable.
Tried another amp, still nothing and no more cables to try.

I bought it when I was on holiday so it wasn't a local shop. Do you think I'd be able to post it back to them?
Quote by Vendetta V
are you sure electricity is on when you plug to these units?

jokes aside, sounds like your cable just went kaput. It's a bit fishy thought with the other cable dying at the same time

I've actually had that happen a few times. Electronic stuff can be funny sometimes.
But they WERE Hosa cables.
More than likely its the jack connections on the cables.
Although the Hosa cables I had were VERY VERY microphonic (As in tapping my pic on the cables could be heard through the amp).
Quote by CodeMonk
I've actually had that happen a few times. Electronic stuff can be funny sometimes.
But they WERE Hosa cables.
More than likely its the jack connections on the cables.
Although the Hosa cables I had were VERY VERY microphonic (As in tapping my pic on the cables could be heard through the amp).

I guess i wont be buying Hosa myself.

but yeah weird things happen, and it gets weirder with high quality cables cause you don't expect them to break you know