I want to make a vintage early sixties strat, and I need to know all the stats of a 60's strat. Were they using ash or alder in the early 60's? What pickups would be best to use? And other things like that. I want it very vintage accurate. Thank you.
Go do some research. There's a million threads on 60s partscasters all over the Internet.

I hear Google can help.
I did something similar to what you are looking to do.

I can't really remember off the top of my head what the specs to a '62 strat are, but the way I did mine was...

C-shaped neck, rosewood board, 7.25" radius, vintage sized frets. The pickups in it now were custom made, but if you want something off the shelf, Seymour Duncan Surfers are a good bet for the '60s strat sound. But alnico 5 w/ formvar. I think mine are in the range of 5.5 neck and 6.1 bridge. I think the early '60s were alder as far as body goes. My guitar is for the most part pretty vintage accurate, the only real deviation that I can think of off the top of my head is that I don't like string tees, so I didn't install one and instead just used staggered tuners.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 2, 2013,