So I've come across an issue in this electric guitar tone, I can't seem to make it defined, and it just seems too fizzy/muddy. I've tried everything, I've restarted again and again, but the guitars seem tinny and fizzy. Can any give me any tips on how to make it sound more 'rounded'? Here's a sample of the guitar and its tone without EQ:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgf8dozvn8xwjkc/Help%20guitar.mp3

would be great if i could get a little bit of guidance!
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
What guitar / pups, what interface are you using? How are you recording?

Though the first thing I can tell you from that clip is you have too much gain.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Aug 1, 2013,
That one is a les paul classic with 500T and 498T's. Through a line 6 pod and into a saffire 24 pro, probably is too much gain, it sounded fine when I initially tracked it, and i even added a bit of EQ and it sounded good to go. I'm gonna say it was probably cos my ears were tired :/
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
I have a similar problem except when I put the guitar flat on its back strings facing up it sound like it should when I play it stading up it sound the I sudddenly decreased the tone or gain
Quote by cmario505
try ajusting your pickups

Don't do this yet. I wouldn't do this until you're sure nothing else is the issue.

@TS:
As Chem, first turn down the gain. Also, turn down the volume knob on your guitar itself. My guess is you're probably doubletracking, which means you don't need as much volume or gain, really.

Without things like what interface you have, what DAW you're using, what VSTs, etc. we really can't help you anymore than that. So, if you can tell us a bit more, that'd be great, man.
Quote by vivalaheerey
That one is a les paul classic with 500T and 498T's. Through a line 6 pod and into a saffire 24 pro, probably is too much gain, it sounded fine when I initially tracked it, and i even added a bit of EQ and it sounded good to go. I'm gonna say it was probably cos my ears were tired :/

I would personally ditch the pod in favour of some amp simulators and cabinet impulses. And there's no "probably" about it, there's way too much gain there. You need to bring the gain down enough so you have some definition there otherwise it just sounds like a mess.
Also, it sounds like you're striking strings you shouldn't be sometimes by accident. When your playing live no-one will notice the odd extra note, but when recording you need to be tight. Playing the exact same notes at the same speed and volume every time you play it.
Quote by chatterbox272
I would personally ditch the pod in favour of some amp simulators and cabinet impulses. And there's no "probably" about it, there's way too much gain there. You need to bring the gain down enough so you have some definition there otherwise it just sounds like a mess.

+1

I also had this problem until I ditched the POD. Having better results with amp sims but best is a real amp rattling the walls.