Hey there,
I'm building a board, when I say board it's actually really small, I am on a tight budget.

I only have the wah and overdrive but here's what I want it to have in the order I THINK it should be in but I'm not sure if this is the way

Guitar->Wah->Noise Surpressor (sends to SD-1 and back)->Chorus->Phaser->Reverb->Echo->Amp

1). Is this right? I purposely gated that SD-1 to reduce feedback, it's not intended to be on any of the other pedals, just sends to and returns from the noise-maker.
2). I hear that reverb and echo should go the FX Send/Return from the amp, is this right?
3). If the reverb and echo should go in the s/r, should the chorus and phaser do too?
4). I have a regular boss-style PSU and daisy chain not a power brick or whatever. What is the difference? This is a way cheaper method and considering I'm on a really really really tight budget can I just leave it this way?

Thanks very much!
1) what amp are you using? does it have a loop?

2) yeah probably. at least if you're using amp distortion.

3) Up to you. Try it both ways and see which you prefer. generally speaking, in the loop (after distortion, in other words) will sound more exaggerated/metallic, whereas in front of the amp (before distortion) will sound subtler.

4) yeah that'll be fine, most likely. there's not a whole heap of difference (don't quote me on that ) unless you step up to the (expensive) isolated power supplies like the voodoo labs.

what are your pedals? about the only real problem (aside from noise) is that you might not have enough current available.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
1) what amp are you using? does it have a loop?

2) yeah probably. at least if you're using amp distortion.

3) Up to you. Try it both ways and see which you prefer. generally speaking, in the loop (after distortion, in other words) will sound more exaggerated/metallic, whereas in front of the amp (before distortion) will sound subtler.

4) yeah that'll be fine, most likely. there's not a whole heap of difference (don't quote me on that ) unless you step up to the (expensive) isolated power supplies like the voodoo labs.

what are your pedals? about the only real problem (aside from noise) is that you might not have enough current available.

Hey again dave I am using a Laney Ironheart Studio. It does indeed have a loop. This is mainly a rig for recording but I will use live with a PA infront. All pedals are boss stompboxes so it should be absolutely fine current-wise. I think I'll stick the chorus and phaser in the loop then. Thanks for the help!
no worries

you might as well try chorus and phaser both places. for van halen, for example, it tends to sound better in front.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?