Hey guys,

over the last month or so ive notice the static buzz from my bugera 6260 head has got louder and louder. I have tried swapping guitars, leads and amp positions etc.

It seems to make a pretty notable buzzing noise at all time even with a noise gate and when the volume on the guitar is turned off. This buzz is a lot louder on the lead channel but it still pretty noticeable on the clean.

The amp also seems to exhibit this noise at some points when playing on the clean changes, for example certain bends have a strange fuzzing noise after them.

The amp is about 8 months old and doesn't particularly get thrown around etc, all the valves look well seated.

Does anyone know what this could be? Is it an issue I should look to sending the map back with or an easy fix?
Where are you running the noise gate in your chain?

If it's on your clean and dirty channels I'd just replace your V1 12AX7. JJ ECC83 if it's a combo, ECC803 if it's a head.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Aug 1, 2013,
I typically run the noise gate in front of the amp. I have tried it in the effects loop too but it doesn't have a massive effect really

I am a little reluctant to revalve it purely on the basis of cost when the amp is essentially new
If your amp is making noise, running a noise gate in front of it isn't going to have any effect whatsoever on the amp noise.

Try it in the loop again.

One of your tubes is probably dying. Time doesn't have anything to do with it. A tube can die after 10 years, or after an hour. They do not have a quantifiable life span.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If its that is it better to take it to an amp the and get the tube replaced or wait for it to go?
12AX7s are plug and play. Just wiggle it out, and wiggle the new one in.

You can even swap your current preamp tubes around, see if it makes a difference.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I contacted Bugera and they have told me to send it back to them and not to use the amp. Hopefully they should i able to fix it.

They seem t think it could be a joint inside that has come loose.

If it wasnt under warranty i would try the tube thing. Thanks for the help guys.
Quote by sonicst
I contacted Bugera and they have told me to send it back to them and not to use the amp. Hopefully they should i able to fix it.

They seem t think it could be a joint inside that has come loose.

If it wasnt under warranty i would try the tube thing. Thanks for the help guys.

I would still get a few 12ax7's and swap them around first. 2 12ax7's are gonna cost $25-$30 shipping on the bugera will be $60ish+. And you should always have a spare or 2 hanging around just in case.

And if it is a tube, you will have to pay for that anyways (90 days is the warranty for tubes) plus the shipping to them
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
ive been offered free shipping so i cant really refuse it,

If they come back with a tube issue i shall definately take your advice and get a few spares tho.

Just for interest the am has also started making a sort of click/electrial arcing noise like a switch turning on and off. Almost like the standby is triggering momentarily. Does that sound like a tube thing?
Quote by sonicst
ive been offered free shipping so i cant really refuse it,

If they come back with a tube issue i shall definately take your advice and get a few spares tho.

Just for interest the am has also started making a sort of click/electrial arcing noise like a switch turning on and off. Almost like the standby is triggering momentarily. Does that sound like a tube thing?

If the shipping is free then yeah that is not a huge issue.

You really should have at least 1 12ax7 on spare just in case you have one that goes bad.

And for the noise

It is a Bugera, they are made extremely cheap with poor QC overall. I have a 333 and yes Bugera's sound great for the price, but they have been plagued with issues since they were introduced (the 6260/6262 seem to have less issues than the 333/333xl, but are not without them.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate