Poll: Do you like a general 'what-is-this-guitar-worth' topic?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like a general 'what-is-this-guitar-worth' topic?
Yes, I like a general 'what-is-this-guitar-worth' topic
12 43%
No I don't like a general 'what-is-this-guitar-worth' topic
16 57%
Voters: 28.
I've used the search but I couldn't find a general 'What is this guitar worth'-topic. I've seen a lot of individuals 'what is this guitar worth' topic, which makes it really disorganized. I had the idea to organize it and combine it all in one topic. If you disagree or a similar topic exists, just see it as an individual topic.

So if you have questions about the price of a guitar you want to sell, questions about a guitar you've seen et cetera, post it here!

OT:

I'm planning to sell my Fender Mustang 1 and my Squier Strat (got it for free) and re-invest it in a new amp for my 2 other electric guitars. I know that it will not bring me the big bucks, but I want to sell it for a good price. What is a decent price (preferable in &euro? The Mustang 1 is a better amp than all the beginnerspack amps, so I will especially target on beginners. Both can sold apart as well. The Squier is one of these packs (sunburst).
No, I don't think it's a good idea. Most of the time we have to follow up with more questions, requests for information, pictures, etc., and trying to get multiple answers to multiple people in the same thread would turn into a snarl of crossed posts and miscommunication.

As to your situation, in the US you'd maybe get $100-150 for the pair, depending on where you were. The market is so saturated with those beginner guitars and amps that you'll have trouble selling unless you basically give your gear away.
Quote by Roc8995
No, I don't think it's a good idea. Most of the time we have to follow up with more questions, requests for information, pictures, etc., and trying to get multiple answers to multiple people in the same thread would turn into a snarl of crossed posts and miscommunication.

As to your situation, in the US you'd maybe get $100-150 for the pair, depending on where you were. The market is so saturated with those beginner guitars and amps that you'll have trouble selling unless you basically give your gear away.

Ok, I just opt to make it more organized, but your argument makes sense indeed.

Regarding to your price, I will start offering my stuff tomorrow. I'll keep you informed aboud the bids
To add as well, if said thread would evolve and become big, people might use it as reference.

This is bad in the guitar market where stuff does spike randomly at times.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Maybe if we keep a catalog of sorts saying info about various guitars we hear about, updated by dedicated UGers (I'll help), and used as a kind of blue book for guitar buyers? Maybe a little far-fetched, but possibility?

As for the squier strat, you're probably not gonna be able to get much money for it. Give it away to a favorite nephew or some poor kid you see around playing First Act or something.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
i sold a mustang I for $60 recently on craigslist.

i consider myself lucky.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
It's really hard to sell beginner gear. I'm still trying.

Just another reason to never, ever buy beginner gear.
I think a general thread where you list the specs of the guitar and possibly provide one picture to show condition, which is followed by a couple of simple responses for rough price is all that's really necessary. When I'm selling gear it's always good to have a starting point for roughly where I'm aiming for, and I think that's all that UG is really qualified to provide (in terms of a thread). As long as people realise this and understand that prices do change I think it would be pretty useful.

As for the beginner gear, I completely agree with what's been said. I was lucky enough to get a secondhand guitar as my first, it was higher quality and sold pretty quickly. When you buy mass produced items you're selling into a flooded secondhand market. Donate it to a nearby school, to a family friend, a charity store. I don't think you'll get more than probably $70.
Quote by samuraigoomba
It's really hard to sell beginner gear. I'm still trying.

Just another reason to never, ever buy beginner gear.

Well I got the Squier for free and I just bought the Mustang, so it isn't that bad

Thanks for the input so far.
The correct answer to any "What is this worth?" thread is for the TS to search ebay for completed listings of similar items.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Also consider prices vary from country to country so placing a USD value on something being sold here doesn't often translate to say the UK or Europe which has a lot of UGers residing there as well.
Moving on.....
Quote by GaryBillington
The correct answer to any "What is this worth?" thread is for the TS to search ebay for completed listings of similar items.

Ebay doesn't offer a ton of Mustangs in €. I bought it new for around 100 and I got the Squier for Free .