This thread is to discuss Bates Motel, its characters, acting, and other related/similar TV shows. Please show that you are discussing an episode or plot twist by either covering it in a spoiler or stating that it is one. Thanks.

I freaking love this show! I just finished season 1 and can't wait for season 2. The acting, the characters, and the plot are just fantastic. Who else here watches this show? It's easily my 2nd favorite show after breaking bad. Vera Farmiga is absolutely stunning in this series, and of course the kid from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Norman) and the dude from Lost (the sheriff).

*** Spoiler Alert****
I really hope Norman and Emma become a couple, I really dislike Bradley, she just comes off as a slut. Dylan is pretty bad ass so far, I hope his and Norma's characters develop a bit more this upcoming season.

Discuss, Pit.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Pretty great. I digged it. I believe it was stated the next season was to start sometime next year.

Edit: Yep. April.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I enjoyed it quite a bit. But to be honest unless season 2 is like 100 times better its not a show id ever really watch through more than once. All three of the women main characters are damn gorgeous though.
Bates Motel... As in the movie Psycho? They made a TV series out of that?
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
Bates Motel... As in the movie Psycho? They made a TV series out of that?

...Where've you been?
Yes. Except it takes place when Norman was still a teen living with his mother. A bunch of crazy stuff happens.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
...Where've you been?
Yes. Except it takes place when Norman was still a teen living with his mother. A bunch of crazy stuff happens.

Oh cool.

I don't watch TV really. What network is it on?
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Well it was on A&E, but the season already finished a few months ago, so I'm not sure. It's probably on Netflix now.
I heard it was really popular. I generally don't like slasher movies longer than 2 hours, so a whole season seems a bit much.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Well it was on A&E, but the season already finished a few months ago, so I'm not sure. It's probably on Netflix now.

I'll check it out. Thanks dude!
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by k.lainad

I freaking love this show! I just finished season 1 and can't wait for season 2. The acting, the characters, and the plot are just fantastic. Who else here watches this show? It's easily my 2nd favorite show after breaking bad. Vera Farmiga is absolutely stunning in this series, and of course the kid from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Norman) and the dude from Lost (the sheriff).

I feel like The Art of Getting By was a great precursor for Freddie Highmore landing a role as Norman. And Sheriff Romero was the mayor in The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises.

Love the show but jeez is... *SPOILER ALERT*
Dylan really going to hook up with Bradley?

Quote by jjfeu662
I heard it was really popular. I generally don't like slasher movies longer than 2 hours, so a whole season seems a bit much.

No it's nothing like that. It's more of us watching Norman's descent into madness.
We're all alright!
Quote by Mathedes

Love the show but jeez is... *SPOILER ALERT*
Dylan really going to hook up with Bradley?

No it's nothing like that. It's more of us watching Norman's descent into madness.

Spoiler alert
I know! It's so werid and kinda gross! He's like 5 years older than her, lol

And yes, its much more than that
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

season 2. Bring it on!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

i cant wait for season 3!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

just started watching the 3rd season
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

I'm surprised at the good reviews this show is getting. I started watching the first season and thought it was dumb. might give it another shot
I missed most of the first season, but things picked up during season two and onward. It's accumulative drama. Season 4 (I think?) starts next month.