Hi randomness people

It's simple... I have an epiphone but it sounds lame, bassish and tired I own a fender amp with distort and have an rp355 (i think) foot pedal. I like crispy tony sounding guitars like fender strats. But i was just wondering if I could acheive a better sound from my EPPY as it is a very sexy looking tyranosaurus

ALSO i play lead style
You could always experiment with the pickups.

For instance, you might put in some better humbuckers and even have them wired for coil splitting. Or you could replace one or both of the humbuckers with humbucker-sized P90s. Or even have both a splittable humbucker and a HBS-P90.

Any of those options will get you some- but not all- of the tones you say you prefer out of your Epi.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I have been working on a guitar with dimarzio pick up. There hot rail and I think that they can be wired up to be active. Will active ones help?
Actives have a different sound from singlecoils- the ones you typically see in Strats- and would probably require additional routing.

Seynour Duncan P-Rails might be a good option.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

You could get a pair of single coil conversion rings and stick in some Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders. Woods aside, that'll get you a pretty stratty sound.
Quote by jasaku226
I own a fender amp with distort and have an rp355 (i think) foot pedal.

Those are a much bigger part of the problem than your guitar is. Save some money and get a new amp first; that will make much more difference to your tone than any pickup change ever will.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Those are a much bigger part of the problem than your guitar is. Save some money and get a new amp first; that will make much more difference to your tone than any pickup change ever will.

+1 to this.

Changing pickups is fine once you already have a good setup with good tone & just want to tweak it a bit, but first you need a good setup.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
While I generally agree about the amp being the main ingredient in your sound, all we know is that he has a Fender amp- we have no idea if it's good or not, what wattage, etc.

Besides, it sounded to me like he had tried other guitars with his amp, and found his Epi to be lacking in comparison. (I could be wrong, of course.)

A single-cut guitar like a Les Paul will always have a dark, warm tone. Not that they can't be "tony", but the voicing will always be different than a guitar with a bolt-on neck like a Strat. Strats are bright by nature.

That being said, you should definitely throw something with more kick than those Epi pickups in there. PRS SE pickups, Dimarzios, EMGs can all get you a very hot sound (EMGs can be plain abrasive). Still, they won't give you the exact tone as a single-coil pickup, unless you go the whole coil-tap/push-pull pot route.
Gear
Taylor 214CE
PRS SE 245, PRS Tremonti Custom
Carvin V3 short stack
Pedals
AMT R2|Morley Mark Tremonti Wah|Mojo Hand Rook|MXR Black Label Chorus|Source Audio EQ|TC-E Flashback, Hall of Fame & Vortex|VFE Enterprise|Way Huge Swollen Pickle