Okay so i know that the head of the half stacks use tube amp (well atleast the tube heads) but does that mean that the cabinet uses tubes or is it just a box with speakers? and what would be better the jca2212c combo which is $600 or the head version which is the jca22h that costs $400 and $200 more for the cab... so its the same price but which would be better? and is this a good deal?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jet-City-JCA22H-and-Bugera-2x12-Cabinet-/181184657367?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2f7277d7

it has the cab and head and for $400 only... and i like the changes but not so sure about the cab... its gonna be my first half stack if i do decide to get it as i've always used combos.
The cabinet has no tubes. Literally a box with the speakers as you put it. As for which one to pick it would come down to personal preferences.
Guitars:
-Carvin CS6
-Carvin DC4 w/ Bigsby
-Takamine EG530SC
-Seagull S12QI

Amps:
-Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
-Carvin V3MC
Quote by Remnest
The cabinet has no tubes. Literally a box with the speakers as you put it. As for which one to pick it would come down to personal preferences.

so i wont make much of a difference tone wise?
Quote by GuitarNewbee
so i wont make much of a difference tone wise?

Speakers can make a huge different on your tone. The size of the cabinet, type of what it was made from also make a difference.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Speakers can make a huge different on your tone. The size of the cabinet, type of what it was made from also make a difference.

Agreed
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Yeah, a cab is just a box of speakers. The head feeds the speaker from its poweramp and makes the speakers move.

There will be a difference. Not because its a head/cab vs combo, but because of the dimension differences of the cab/speaker enclosure, materials and speakers.

It is personal preference really. Some people prefer the head and cab setup because they can take their head to any gig and it will most likely be able to hook up to a house cab. Not to mention a head is more portable than a combo. Imagine lugging a 1x12 or 2x12 combo to gigs, it'll be heavy as hell!

When it comes to the time when you want to upgrade, most likely you can just upgrade either the head or cab separately, saves money and you get more customization for the sound you want.
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
Get it, the cabs arent the best, but I really like the JCA Amps
All about the mids!!!!!!!
i'd probably go separate head and cab if the overall price is the same.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?